CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Service Desk Manager 17.2 upgrade fails

Posted Jan 08, 2020 08:03 AM
    Hi, I am trying to upgrade a test box from SDM 14.1 to 17.2 but the upgrade fails at the migration step. The install log says that it is waiting for the migration log to be available.  The migration log is not created in the logs folder, so there is nothing to say why it was not created.  Any suggestions would be welcome.

------------------------------
    DKK

• 2.  RE: Service Desk Manager 17.2 upgrade fails

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 09, 2020 12:37 PM
    Would need to analyze the upgrade logs.

Have you opened a Support Case with Broadcom Support

Paul Coccimiglio
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: Service Desk Manager 17.2 upgrade fails

Posted Jan 09, 2020 05:57 PM
    Hi Paul,  Yes I opened a case with Broadcom support (2 in fact) both have been closed without consultation and I have been informed that Broadcom support do not provide support for installation or upgrades.  I too would like to analyse the upgrade logs but the Migration log is not created and it is the migration step that is failing, so I have no indication of why.  At this point I intend to rebuild the test box from scratch and try again.  The environment has become too corrupted from trying various options to be a valid test anyway.  Thanks for your response.

dkk

• 4.  RE: Service Desk Manager 17.2 upgrade fails
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2020 03:52 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Jun 01, 2020 06:45 PM

Rreceiving "[ProgressUpdateMigrateSDM] Waiting for migration log to be available." may indicate that there is not enough disk space for the installer to make a backup of everything under the $NX_ROOT folder:

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/external/article?articleId=127790

Regards,

Karen

Broadcom