CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Alias Attribute in SDM 17.2

Posted Oct 22, 2019 09:20 AM
    Hello,

I copied a field from the Request Properties (cr_prp) table to the Request Details (cr) table in the derived universe and did the refresh structure and exported the universe after saving it, now I want to create a new alias in SDM so I can run a report using this field in the cr table.  When I try to create a new alias it give me the following error:  The Alias Value is not valid for this Object: AHD03066: Unknown name

Do I have to create a new alias?  The report in BOXI/CABI gets a database error when I try to use that cr_prp value field and other cr field in the same report.  This is a report that has high visibility and needs to be done today.

Thanks,

Joyce Lilie

• 2.  RE: Alias Attribute in SDM 17.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 04:35 AM
    Hi Joyce,

If you run 'bop_sinfo -dq cr' command, do you see this field on the list? If not, this would explain why you get this error as the field does not exist on the cr object.

------------------------------
    Kind Regards,
    Brian
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Alias Attribute in SDM 17.2

Posted Oct 23, 2019 02:45 PM
    Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply.  I ran the command and didn't see that field name.  If I can see that field in the derived universe in the Designer Tool and in Web Intelligence Client, how do I add to a report?  What are the steps to update the table structure besides doing a refresh structure from the designer?  I've done that too.

Thanks,

Joyce

• 4.  RE: Alias Attribute in SDM 17.2
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2019 08:24 PM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Oct 30, 2019 06:16 PM
    Hello Joyce,

TROUBLESHOOTING

Stepping back to look at the big picture for a moment.

• You've got two key applications here - the BOXI/CABI, and the Service Management. 

• These applications are built from separate pieces - the physical database, virtual database, files etc. 

• In theory these should all align.

What we are seeing here is a misalignment of the pieces. 

• CABI/BOXI is showing one ("correct") thing.

• At least one part of the Service Management is showing ("incorrect") another.

The "bop_sinfo" test that Brian had you run is looking at the Service Management, "Objects and Attributes" that are stored in the loaded application virtual database. So, they are missing from there.

A starting point would be to check that the Attributes that you expect are loaded in the Service Management:

• Factory

• Optionally, the Factory is attached to a Service Management Form for administration purposes.

RECOMMENDATION

So it is likely the Factory in Service Management that you need to correct to match as the first (and maybe only) step.  Sorry I can't be more help, but here are two links:

1) Check out modifying the Factory in Service Management.
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/reference/ca-service-desk-manager-reference-commands/technical-reference/factory-optional-statement.html

2) Confirm with the same "bop_sinfo" that this aspect is corrected.
    More background info. on bop_sinfo here:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/business-management/ca-service-management/17-2/reference/ca-service-desk-manager-reference-commands/technical-reference/bop-sinfo-display-system-information.html

Thanks, Kyle_R.