CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Report on ticket transfers - multi-tenant - UUID/userid is not in logs

Posted Jul 02, 2019 09:52 AM
    Edited by J W Jul 05, 2019 11:28 AM
    This affects multiple releases.  This customer is on 14.1.

I am hoping some of the MSP customers have already resolved this.

I need to report on transfers of tickets (assignee and group) from a sub-tenant to the service provider tenant. Of particular importance is the first transfer time.

We have auditing on and it seemed all the information was there.  However, the before and after attributes values are recorded as 'last_name, first_name' for assignee and 'last_name' for Group.  The UUID is not recorded. This is not a problem for Groups at the moment because the Group names are unique. 

But there are many different contacts with the same 'last_name, first_name' between the tenants.  When this is the case, I can't pull details of the contacts, such as their tenant, since I can't make a one-to-one join.

I supposed I could create a new audit table that captures every transfer using the UUID but that would only help for reports going forward; not to mention the increase in transaction load, storage, archive/purge time, etc.

As always, thanks in advance.

J.W.

------------------------------
    "No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED

#ca_sdm_14.1 #auditlog #reporting #sdmassignee #sdmgroup #ca_tenant #multi-tenancy

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

• 2.  RE: Report on ticket transfers - multi-tenant - UUID/userid is not in logs

Posted Jul 18, 2019 05:51 PM
    Does anyone have any experience with this?

"No matter where you go, there you are." - TAoBB:AtED