CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Ticket assigning issue

Posted Jan 06, 2020 03:01 AM
    Edited by Ahmer Ali Khan Jan 06, 2020 07:19 AM
    Dear Experts,

We are facing this issue since we have done our DR activity. When our Service Team creates a new request ticket, analyst name appears in assignee area which was not happening before, then i found the solution in this forum and i uninstalled Assignee_set option and now assignee is blank but the main issue still remaining which is when Service Desk open the ticket filled and assignee to the specif group ex: ABC and when they save the ticket the group automatically changed from ABC to SERVICE DESK. 

then Service Desk team have to edit the ticket and change the group name from Service Desk to Wintel Admin Group and save then it works.

and some of the other department when they trying to use self service portal to log the ticket and select their own department in group section, after saving the ticket, the ticket automatically moved to service desk.

can anyone please guide me why this thing is happening? and what is the solution ?

Screen Shot 1

Screen Shot 2

Screen Shot 3

• 2.  RE: Ticket assigning issue

Posted Jan 06, 2020 11:38 PM
    Edited by Ahmer Ali Khan Jan 06, 2020 11:46 PM
    Dear Kyle R Lindsay Estabrooks pls help

• 3.  RE: Ticket assigning issue

Posted Jan 07, 2020 08:57 AM
    My first guess is that you have some Auto-Assignment configured that is changing the group. Check the standard logs for entries around the time the ticket is first saved.

------------------------------
    Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants

• 4.  RE: Ticket assigning issue

Posted Jan 07, 2020 11:46 PM
    how to resolve it? i want to stop changing the group, pls guide me. where to check logs for entries?

• 5.  RE: Ticket assigning issue

Posted Jan 09, 2020 12:40 AM
    Dear Lindsay, it was not happening before the DR activity, I dont know how it auto assignment configured on group. can you please guide me how to check standard logs and the way out.

• 6.  RE: Ticket assigning issue
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 09, 2020 11:28 AM
    Have you opened a case with Broadcom/CA support? I have no idea of what was involved in your DR activity. Without examining your system I can only offer the advice I have given so far.Out-of-the-box, there is nothing that assigns a particular group on the ticket so that is being triggered by some configuration or customization your site has done.

Cheers,
    Lindsay

Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants