CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Add an extension table field to list_nr

• 1.  Add an extension table field to list_nr

Posted Oct 08, 2019 07:55 AM
    Hello everyone,

I have searched about this in other posts without success and opened a case. Basically, Broadcom answer has been "ask on the community".

I have a customized list_nr pre-filtered for only show info for the familly "Software.Operating System". I have added fields from the extension table "opsysx" (note that this only works if the list_nr is only showing CIs from this familly).

Is ok, it shows the fileds correctly. But when I try to sort the results by OS version, I get the following error at stdlog:

10/07 16:36:06.16 SVM0567        domsrvr              6964 ERROR        factory.c             6635 Unable to resolve dotted reference assoc_opsysx.version in factory nr; version is BREL

10/07 16:36:06.16 SVM0567        domsrvr              6964 ERROR        factory.c             6635 Unable to resolve dotted reference assoc_opsysx.id in factory nr; id is BREL

10/07 16:36:06.16 SVM0567        domsrvr              6964 ERROR        domset.c              4221 Unable to resolve dotted fetch attribute "assoc_opsysx.version" in domset DDIAAA

10/07 16:36:06.18 SVM0567        sqlagt:select23      7084 ERROR        orclclass.c           1313 SQL Statement Failed. ORA: 1785  Message: ORA-01785: el elemento ORDER BY debe ser el número de una expresión de la lista SELECT 

10/07 16:36:06.18 SVM0567        sqlagt:select23      7084 ERROR        orclclass.c           1314 SELECT ca_owned_resource.resource_name, ca_owned_resource.host_name, ca_owned_resource.mac_address, ca_owned_resource.last_update_date, ca_owned_resource.own_resource_uuid FROM ca_owned_resource WHERE ca_owned_resource.inactive = 0 AND ca_owned_resource.is_ci = 1 AND ca_owned_resource.resource_class = 300132 ORDER BY 6 ASC NULLS FIRST

I have tried to trick the SDM by changing the shown value with the fmtfunc, but it hasn't worked.

Any ideas?

Thank you and regards.

• 2.  RE: Add an extension table field to list_nr

Posted Oct 10, 2019 09:25 AM
    Enable one or more child tables to share fields and records with a parent table mybkexperience.

• 3.  RE: Add an extension table field to list_nr

Posted Oct 11, 2019 04:02 AM
    Thank you for your answer Traci.

And sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. Could you explain it a bit more?

Thank you and regards.

• 4.  RE: Add an extension table field to list_nr

Posted Oct 18, 2019 04:56 AM
    Any other sugestions? :(

• 5.  RE: Add an extension table field to list_nr

Posted Oct 24, 2019 09:04 AM
    Hi Cesar,

I think that your modified error is in the way you are ordering the information, in the edit mode of the List_nr which is column 6, remember that SDM does not use the numerical order but that of the Field according to the designer of the scheme.

otherwise you have tried to execute the Direct Select in the database.

Something that can help is if it explains what you want to do with the family of operating systems in the list of ICs

• 6.  RE: Add an extension table field to list_nr

Posted Oct 24, 2019 11:06 AM
    Hello Jonathan, and thank you for your help.

Sure, I will try to explain what I need:

• I am using the list_nr form to show the operating system fields (I created a new entry at the menubar that call list_nr pre-filtered for this familly).
    • Then, I have added some "Operating System" familly fields to the list, as columns (just as any other field of the nr object, but these are specific of this familly).
    • An example, just in case you want to reproduce it: I have added type and version.
    • SDM shows the info correctly, in the columns, but, when I try to order by these fields (just clicking on the header), I get the error commented on my 1st post.

• 7.  RE: Add an extension table field to list_nr

Posted Oct 24, 2019 12:24 PM
    Hi Cesar,

please Check the properties in the column on visual sort 

so is probably on visual properties say ASC but in SourceCode not include this field is available to sort

• 8.  RE: Add an extension table field to list_nr

Posted Oct 28, 2019 03:51 AM
    Hello Jonathan,

I have checked this. As you said, WSP sais ASC, but source code doesn't.

I have modified the source code to add the parameter "sort=ASC" at the columns, but the result is still the same :(

Anyway, thank you for the help.

• 9.  RE: Add an extension table field to list_nr
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 06, 2019 11:05 AM
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

I'm afraid that it is not possible to sort by a field located on an extension table. This is due to the fact that the assoc_<extension_name> is a BREL.
    Remember that in SPEL or in the web service you MUST use the dotted notation for a list assoc_opsysx.0.version when you want to fetch (e.g.) the OS version value directly from the CI.

I assume that the webengine has hardcoded something like that when using the assoc_opsysx.version notation in the HTMPL forms.
    Anyway, it looks like the generated SQL clause does NOT make a join to the extension table.

If I look to the error message above, you get 5 columns (resource_name, host_name, mac_address, last_update_date, own_resource_uuid) from ca_owned_resource and you try to order by a 6th field (order by 6) which doesn't exist in the SQL statement.

I'm currently working on a project with exactly this kind of requirement, and we have had to abandon sorting on the extension attributes.
    Be warned that the extension fields are NOT exportable either, so each of these fields have to be coded
    <pdm_macro name=lsCol blablabla export=no sort=no>

• 10.  RE: Add an extension table field to list_nr

Posted Nov 21, 2019 02:29 AM
    Helloo Jean Pierre.

Sorry for the late response and thank you very much for yours.

That's what I expected, but the hope was there :P

Have a nice day and good luck with your project!