CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Group Email Address Field Not Receiving Email On Transfer

Posted May 13, 2021 11:09 PM
    Edited by STUART MATTHEWS May 13, 2021 11:11 PM
    Hello,

If I populate the Email Address field on a Group within SDM 12.9, this will receive an email along with any members of the CASD group when manually notified.

However if you add Group as an Object Contact on the transfer activity notification, only the members of the group get an email and nothing is sent to the email address set for the group.

Anyone else noticed this behaviour?

I can't see "Group Email Address" as an available option for the Objects Contacts on the transfer activity notification. So my workaround will be creating another contact, associating the email address & making it a member of the group which I'm not keen on.

Thanks
    Stuart

• 2.  RE: Group Email Address Field Not Receiving Email On Transfer
    Best Answer

Posted May 14, 2021 12:04 AM
    It's been a long while sincec I last worked on r12.9 (it's been out of support for more than 5 yerars). I don't remember seeing this behavior but I do remember a customer asking me if there was a way to prevent receiving two emails on notifications (the group had an email address that was a distibution list and some members of the group were also members of the distribution list).

Have you made sure that the Notification Methods defined on the group contact are set to email?

Cheers,
    Lindsay

------------------------------
    Lindsay Estabrooks
    Principal Consultant
    IT-EDU Consultants
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Group Email Address Field Not Receiving Email On Transfer

Posted May 16, 2021 05:07 PM
    Thanks Lindsay, yes method on the group record was set to "Notification", changing to "Email" resolved the problem.