CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  RFC's creation Restriction

Posted Sep 23, 2019 12:13 PM
    Hi

Can we restrict the user to create the RFC upto 10 in a month.? we have huge no. of RFC's create in a month by each requester and each RFC take almost 2 months to be approved ,thus we have lot of pending RFC's to be approve in time.

Thats the reason we want to limit the requester to create the RFC upto 10 in a month so the things will go smoothly. 

Any idea how to tackle this?

#ca_sdm_17.1
    #caservicedesk17.0 

​​

• 2.  RE: RFC's creation Restriction
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 23, 2019 09:00 PM
    Hello Asim,

I'll let someone else have a crack at the "How?" part of the query. But first I think it would be helpful to know a little bit more about the business scenario. Mostly because I am wondering if this is not more of a business process issue, rather than one that should be solved by technology.

WHY  is there such a large number of unwanted Requests for Change per user per month? 

WHO  are these users? Are they Analysts? Employees? Customers? 

WHAT  are these RFCs for?

Just to outline one "standard" use of RFC.
    * Users would be "Employees" in the system. They would not have direct access to Change Orders.
    * They would log Incidents (or Issues or Requests) if they needed something.
    * An Analyst would then create a Change Order if it was needed. If it was not, they would close out the Incident or chain Child and Parent Incidents to one. Then have one Change Order.

If there was a genuine need for a large number of RFC, then typically automation may be involved, such as via Process Automation, as you're right in saying that the Analysts shouldn't be handling a high number of unwanted RFCs.

I think we need to know a bit more about the business scenario before leaping to a technical solution, as it would be better to stem it at the source or design around it if possible.  Otherwise, those end users who are used to raising so many RFCs will try and circumvent the help desk, which is the opposite of what you want.  Think of the large number of RFCs as highlighting a flaw in the business process that needs to be addressed, is my guess.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

, and that is there would be a limited number, and they would go via Analysts via Incidents