CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Error Message using link in KA

Posted Apr 01, 2019 05:02 PM

When using a KA to create a ticket from a template....

When we click on the Incident template based on this KA we get the following error message displayed.

Anyone know what this means?  It's only happening to a few KA's. Most are fine.

• 2.  Re: Error Message using link in KA

Posted Apr 01, 2019 08:49 PM

Hi Simon,

1) How do you get to that starting point? Version and steps please.

2) Check the SDM /logs/stdlog. There should be the AHD04819 message AND maybe preceding it some lines with more information, like this:

06/09 09:58:18.58 MY_SERVER spelsrvr 5196 ERROR interp.c 574 cr.heat_overlay::calculate_heat_on_access Unknown messge.
    06/09 09:58:18.58 MY_SERVER domsrvr 5544 ERROR attr.c 6369 Error in ATTR_INIT trigger cr.heat_overlay::calculate_heat_on_access for heat_overlay: cr.heat_overlay::calculate_heat_on_access Unknown messge.
    06/09 09:58:18.58 MY_SERVER spelsrvr 5196 ERROR pcexec.c 6403 Spell interp failed at misc.spl:257:misc::copy_value | cr.spl:3451:cr::make_from_template: get_attr on heat_overlay failed: cr.heat_overlay::calculate_heat_on_access Unknown messge. WOBO
    06/09 09:58:18.58 MY_SERVER web:local 5328 ERROR freeaccess.spl 21431 AHD04819:Error with template: misc.spl:257:misc::copy_value | cr.spl:3451:cr::make_from_template

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: Error Message using link in KA

Posted Apr 01, 2019 09:30 PM

Hi Kyle,

Running 12.6 CP3.  Steps we use is to search locate a knowledge article and from within the article we click on the embedded URL 'Incident Template based on this KA' and then we get the error message displayed as above.  The only thing i can see in the logs on the secondary I am logged in on is 

04/02 14:27:00.27 Servicedesk2.d web:Servicedesk2.   12176 ERROR        freeaccess.spl       20636 AHD04819: Error with template: Invalid template. Template not set.

Weird thing is in our UAT the same thing happens, but in our DEV environment which is two years old now, the KA works fine.

• 4.  Re: Error Message using link in KA

Posted Apr 01, 2019 11:43 PM

Hi Simon,

I no longer remember how SDM 12.6 works in this area . . . it maybe has been renamed in the current releases.

What's it trying to do? Is there an Incident Template in existence? (When it works on test?)  If so, have a look and make sure that everything on the original Incident/Template "still exists." So for example, if it uses a particular Status, then that Status should still be present and Active. 

Worst case, you can run pdm_trace against the spelsrvr (and maybe web engine and domsrvr, but mainly the spelsrvr I would think) and see if it passes the same thing in the working versus non-working scenarios. You should be able to find the same error in the pdm_trace output, and then work back up the page until you find a difference where one of the fields is empty/different, and then that would be key to check.

Kyle_R.

• 5.  Re: Error Message using link in KA

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 02, 2019 12:43 AM

Hi Simon,

What is the URL that the 'Incident template based on this KA' link points to?

Does it point to a specific template? e.g. 400001 or similar

If so, check the template exists and is active.

If you paste that URL into a browser - does it work?

Regards,

Gordon

• 6.  Re: Error Message using link in KA

Posted Apr 04, 2019 04:05 PM

Hi Gordon,

I've found the issue which is on the template and it appears to be a visibility issue.  On the working template in our DEV environment on the 'Template' tab you see this.

In our UAT environment for the same template and on the 'Template' tab you see...

However as soon as you click on edit of the template within UAT the field values visible in saved mode in DEV but not in UAT become visible.

and the values are present in the database and within the ticket if you pdm_extract the record.  Wondering whether I can upload the template from dev overwriting UAT and see if it then works.  If not, probably need to re create the template.

• 7.  Re: Error Message using link in KA
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 04, 2019 06:06 PM

Hi Simon,

Yes you should be able to pdm_extract from DEV and load it into UAT but only if the id's are the same in both environments. If they're not the same, you may need to update the ids in extract file before loading it into UAT. Just so you don't break any relationships in the UAT env.

Hope that this helps.

Gordon.

• 8.  Re: Error Message using link in KA

Posted Apr 04, 2019 06:28 PM

Cheers Gordon.