Hi allBest regards.
There is a problem with the synchronization of Service Desk with Client Automation, the quantities of the inventory do not match, that is, in Client Automation there are 1350 stations, however, in Service Desk only 1336 are listed.
What can be done to allow Service Desk to show the EXACT amount of the inventory that is in Client Automation?
1350 computers in CLIENT AUTOMATION
1336 computers in SERVICE DESK
Note: Image information has been deleted by security means, blank fields show this.
Thanks for your attention
More details on how the integration was done, please. Do you have a link to the process you followed?
1) Are both CA SDM and CA Client Automation using the same MDB or separate MDBs?
2) How is the "import" from one to the other done? See here for some methods discussed:
CA Client Automation and CA SDM (CDMB) integration
4) What versions of each product?
5) Why do you expect or want a match between systems? What's the business reason?
The tools do serve different purposes, and as a general rule, the CMDB won't record all assets in a system - just the ones that are important for CMDB purposes.
Sorry to respond late.
With regard to integration, I do not have the information, since it was done before I joined the company.
Before your questions I answer below:
1. SDM and ITCA use the same database (mdb)
2. I could not answer this question, that is, I suppose that through the CMDB, since, as I have informed you, I did not perform the integration, which is why I do not know about the procedure performed.
4.IT Client Automation version: 188.8.131.52Service Desk version: 17.1
5.It is not for us, but for one of our clients, since he has seen that the amount of information is not the same in both "List of Assets Detected" in Service Desk, and in "All Computers" in Client Automation.
I am informed that possibly due to duplication of computers in Client Automation, can this be?
Thanks for your answers Kyle
We have discovered that the databases are different, that is, they are on different servers. They are not on the same server I'm sorry for the mistake.
I believe that are "sync" tools then(???). See this post where it hints at that:
Sorry - haven't delved into it myself.