CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Include Custom Table/Field in SDM Notification

Posted Feb 26, 2019 09:07 AM

I am trying to figure out how to include a custom field in a custom table within the initial notification sent when an Incident is created.  Does anyone know how to do this or can guide me to somewhere that explains it?

• 2.  Re: Include Custom Table/Field in SDM Notification

Posted Feb 26, 2019 09:40 AM

How does this custom table relate to the Incident? I assume you have defined a custom attribute in the cr object that is an SREL to the custom object. Perhaps you could show us the definition (in wsp.mods).

• 3.  Re: Include Custom Table/Field in SDM Notification

Posted Feb 26, 2019 09:45 AM

I do not have the level of access to provide what you've asked for.  The only relation between call_req and the custom table is a column in the custom table called zcall_req_id which houses the id attribute from the call_req table.  If I am building a SQL query, this is how I join these two tables.

• 4.  Re: Include Custom Table/Field in SDM Notification

Posted Feb 26, 2019 10:48 AM

Unless the custom object and relationship is defined at the object layer of Service Desk then you cannot use it in a notification or form. How are rows in the custom table populated with data (is it in Service Desk itself)?

• 5.  Re: Include Custom Table/Field in SDM Notification

Posted Feb 26, 2019 10:50 AM

Yes.  Basically, it's a Work Log.  All comments made on the incident form is stored in this work log table.

• 6.  Re: Include Custom Table/Field in SDM Notification

Posted Feb 26, 2019 11:11 AM

OK. So we are back to how the relationship is defined. This would likely be defined as a BREL. I understand you don't have access but the person who defined the object in Service Desk must have the appropriate access.

We need to see this information. To get this information someone needs to open a command prompt on the Service Desk server and use the following 2 commands to reveal the definition:

bop_sinfo -d cr > definition.txt

bop_sinfo -d custom_table_name >> definition.txt

and post the contents of definition.txt here.