CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA SDM integration with EEM cluster

Posted Feb 13, 2019 11:14 AM

Hi all.

I must install CA SDM 17.1 and have a CA EEM cluster with two nodes.

I can't find SDM install documentation for integrating both EEM nodes for automatic failover.

Does it work like CA Process Automation and CA Service Catalog where you enter the EEM nodes as a comma separate servers list? Here is a suggestion but I have not access to document link: CA EEM Failover Error 

Are the EEM servers entered into the installation wizard or must they be entered in SDM options after install?

Regards,

Fabio.

• 2.  Re: CA SDM integration with EEM cluster

Posted Feb 13, 2019 06:23 PM

Hi Fabio, which link can't you access? Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: CA SDM integration with EEM cluster

Posted Feb 14, 2019 07:01 AM

Hi Kyle,

this one: 

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/7/common/greenbooks/EEM_CA_Embedded_Entitlements_Manager_Integration_Deployment_Guide_ENU.pdf

The error is "You are not authorized to view this page" but it looks like a broken link.

Regards,

Fabio.

• 4.  Re: CA SDM integration with EEM cluster
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 18, 2019 11:29 PM

I can't get there either . . . but that post is from 2014.

However a search in Google on the title "EEM CA Embedded Entitlements Manager Integration Deployment Guide" pulls up hits like this one:

https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20Workload%20Automation%20AE%20Release%2011%203%206%20-%20Public%20Access-ENU/Bookshe… 

But many of our products like CA Service Catalog will contain some EEM Integration advice within them like this:

Integrate CA Service Catalog with CA EEM Manually - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Whether that helps you with the underlying question of automatic failover, I don't know - but there are the documents! :-)

Kyle_R.

• 5.  Re: CA SDM integration with EEM cluster

Posted Feb 19, 2019 05:27 AM

Thank you very much Kyle.

Regards,

Fabio.