CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Category attribute in macro condition for requests

Posted Dec 27, 2018 04:16 PM

I am customizing the request form. We have only few request areas which needs approval and others don't have any approval phase. So I want to remove the approval status from the request workflow only for certain request areas. 

To achieve this, I tried creating

1. a custom attribute on Request Area (pcat/ Category) to mention if this request area needs an approval.

2. Added an attribute for this under activity associations.

3. On the request transitions, from open-Pending approval --> added a condition if this category has approval. 

Only if the category has approval, only then it will show the pending approval in the status update. else it will show only assigned.

Can someone suggest me if there is an alternate way to achieve this?

Thanks,

Vis 

• 2.  Re: Category attribute in macro condition for requests

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2018 04:57 AM

Hi Vishwa,

Do you see any issues with the above approach?

I wonder if you want to create a True/False flag (custom Field) which will have a predefined value and based on the value you can do you calculations accordingly. 

• 3.  Re: Category attribute in macro condition for requests

Posted Dec 28, 2018 09:03 AM

This didn't work as the acitivity associations didn't bring up the attribute value from the category. 

• 4.  Re: Category attribute in macro condition for requests

Posted Dec 28, 2018 12:15 PM

Customize detail_cr and the request_status_change and add a condition to remove Pending approval from the Status dropdown list if the category custom attribute = 1

<pdm_if "$args.category.custom_attribute" == "1" >

status dropdown with all values

<pdm_else>

status dropdown with where clause to remove Pending approval

</pdm_if>