CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Expose IT Asset Manager fields within ServiceDesk

Posted Apr 17, 2019 04:18 PM

Currently our ServiceDesk and IT Asset Manager share the database.  We have defined custom fields in IT Asset Manager that we would like to have exposed within ServiceDesk's CMDB.  I have done it for standard fields such as CPU etc, but can seem to do it for the custom fields witin ITAM.

• 2.  Re: Expose IT Asset Manager fields within ServiceDesk

Posted Apr 25, 2019 11:29 AM

• 3.  Re: Expose IT Asset Manager fields within ServiceDesk

Posted Apr 30, 2019 03:28 PM

John thanks for the reply.  The problem is that we already have the data in ITAM.  Basically I need to extend the reach of SDM to be able to access the ITAM fields as read only is fine.  The article listed would have been used when creating new fields to expose at that time.

• 4.  Re: Expose IT Asset Manager fields within ServiceDesk

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 06, 2019 02:55 PM

Armando, I have a simple idea...without changing SDM script to access the ITAM data, you could implement it in the mdb level. That is, create a custom field in nr object and create a trigger in the ITAM table that every time that custom field is inserted/updated, the trigger inserts/updates to the custom nr.ca_owned_resource field as well and that way SDM/CMDB will just read the custom field value. Just some idea for some "unsupported" customization. Thanks _Chi