CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Events & Associated Macros

Posted Apr 07, 2019 07:33 PM

Hi,

Within the database I can find out which events have which condition macro's attached just by running a simple query.  How do I though identify within the database which Actions on True Macros are associated to an event.

So how do I find the P1 Initial and Notify Group Manager associated to this event via the database.

• 2.  Re: Events & Associated Macros
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 08, 2019 12:51 AM

Hi gizmo1969,

'bop_sinfo' to the rescue...

The 'action on true' macros are linked through 'lrel_true_action_act_t'.  The schema name for that is also revealed by 'bop_sinfo':

So you can join to 'usp_lrel_true_action_act_t' in the database using the event id to find the 'action on true' macro id's, and join again to 'splmac' to get the macro names.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: Events & Associated Macros

Posted Apr 08, 2019 01:13 AM

Thanks James,

Great on target advice. The bop_sinfo command really is a great way to see additional detail.

It is particularly useful because it gives in real time what the SDM system actually has loaded and knows about, which in rare cases can be different to what is written into other locations.

I'd just add some links on bop_sinfo.

What does the bop_sinfo command do? - CA Knowledge 

How to get a mapping of all Service Desk objects a - CA Knowledge 

Is there a command I can use to get a list of all - CA Knowledge 

And of course the CA ITSM documentation:

bop_sinfo--Display System Information - CA Service Management - 17.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Kyle_R.

• 4.  Re: Events & Associated Macros

Posted Apr 08, 2019 10:15 PM

Thank you James, much appreciated....