CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Restrict Problem Ticket Creation for Specific Roles

Posted Mar 08, 2019 02:35 PM

I have several roles (about 8) which all are set with the following tab setting (Service Desk tab with full menu and scoreboard).

I have a request to restrict a few of those roles from being able to create "Problem" tickets. I do not want to have to create a new tab just for this minor change.

Is it possible to create this restriction within a data partition setting?

table = call_req

type = create

where clause = ??? not sure what exactly this should be to be sure it is only for problem tickets

I am not worried about the "create problem ticket" being on the menu list as I will make sure the error message is descriptive enough to tell them that they are not authorized to create problem tickets.

thank you

TheKatherine

• 2.  Re: Restrict Problem Ticket Creation for Specific Roles

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 08, 2019 04:26 PM

Katherine, yes it is possible using data partition...the statement is as simple as "id=-1" for Create type. This is an easy change that users of those restricted by DP can still try to create a problem and then get some error message. A more complete resolution would be custom the htmpl pages to remove the place(tab, button etc) so those users won't be able to do it from web interface, assuming you have configure to not allow them doing it from API. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Restrict Problem Ticket Creation for Specific Roles

Posted Mar 13, 2019 09:01 AM

Chi,

Since I only want this to affect Problem tickets (NOT Incident or Requests), do I set this for the call_req table?

I was considering modifying the htmpl files but I only want this restriction for certain roles - not everyone ... and I can't remove it from the toolbar (tab) as all of my roles use the same one.

thank you

TheKatherine

• 4.  Re: Restrict Problem Ticket Creation for Specific Roles
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 10:38 AM

I believe the constraint should be type!='P' on the call_req table to prevent problem tickets from being created.

• 5.  Re: Restrict Problem Ticket Creation for Specific Roles

Posted Mar 14, 2019 02:25 PM

Thank you so much for the help on this, the above setting in the data partitions for specific roles worked great.

TheKatherine