CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Pull Department Field From Active Directory

Posted Mar 06, 2019 06:13 AM

hi Team

We need to pull Department field in each user contact while merging it from ldap...By default its picking email addresses, phone, first name, last name, userid, But we need department also from AD.

For this i created ldap.mod file and placed in Majic folder. Inside the file below code i mentioned,

OBJECT ldap LDAP {

ATTRIBUTES LDAP_Entry{

dept Department STRING;

} ;

} ;

. I recycled the services and check the the user from ldap but still department field is empty.

In stdlog, i see spelsrvr error, LDAP create/merge did not find foriegn key for dept='INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY' for user-id 'xxxxx'

PLease advise

• 2.  Re: Pull Department Field From Active Directory

Posted Mar 06, 2019 06:58 AM

The dept field on a Contact is not a text string field, it's a reference to another table. The import tries to fill in the field, but the schema expects an ID of the Deparment, not it's name.

• 3.  Re: Pull Department Field From Active Directory

Posted Mar 06, 2019 02:39 PM

Do you have a Department record in your Service Desk with the name INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY?

• 4.  Re: Pull Department Field From Active Directory

Posted Mar 06, 2019 04:31 PM

Hi Lindsay

Information Technology was not present in department record. but once we created this & create contact from ldap, it picked automatic now. I was believing that it should auto create in servicedesk while pulling from AD, but it didnt happen...any way we can do this like we will have to create exact the same department name in AD to SErvicedesk and then start importing contact.

i was doing the same to pickup supervisor from AD with following spel but for this, its not working. Can you pls advise? can i use both parameters in the spell to pull department and supervisor?

OBJECT ldap LDAP {

ATTRIBUTES LDAP_Entry{

supervisor_contact_uuid Manager STRING;

} ;

} ;

• 5.  Re: Pull Department Field From Active Directory

Posted Mar 06, 2019 05:49 PM

The only object that the ldap utilities will modify is the cnt object. They will not create new departments for you. You will have to populate the (dept object) ca_resource_department table yourself.

Please look at this solution I proposed many years ago: https://communities.ca.com/thread/99574787