CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  What XSL to edit and Where?

Posted May 10, 2018 11:05 AM

Hello everyone,

I'm recently starting to work with CA Service Catalog  and I'm doing some exercises on a test environment and using version 12.9 to learn. So I wanted to change the name on request table, and I already changed some line to check if I was on the right path but I can't change anything (anything at all, if I changed one line it should change  something). 

My question is there is anyway  to find, on the browser or not, where and what to change in order to change that one thing I want to change? The image below shows what I want to change (Ex.: SIM Cards change to SIM Cards - Test on every row).

I did everything they say to do when editing XSL, copy the file to %usm_home%\filestore\custom\explorer\request , restart CA Service Desk, delete translet and even delete browser cache.

Thanks,

Bruno Gibellino

• 2.  Re: What XSL and Where to edit?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2018 11:31 AM

Hi Bruno

Could you confirm what version of Catalog are you using in your environment.

Also "wanted to change the name on request table", could you explain a bit more what are you trying to change in this case? can you help us with some screen shots?

• 3.  Re: What XSL and Where to edit?

Posted May 10, 2018 11:37 AM

Hi, I'm going to edit my question and answer your questions. 

• 4.  Re: What XSL to edit and Where?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 10, 2018 01:37 PM

Hi Bruno,

To change the name of the ticket from SIM Cards  to SIM Cards - Test you just need to open the ticket 24439 as an administrator > Click on Edit > Change Name > Save Changes > Search again and now you should be able to see the new name. This is something specific to the ticket so no xsl file needs to be modified in this case.

Let me know if any questions.

Regards,

Pablo

• 5.  Re: What XSL to edit and Where?

Posted May 11, 2018 02:55 AM

Hi, I'm sorry I wasn't specific, I want to edit all from something to something - test. Has you can see in the image I already edit it one but I wanted to change them all.

Thanks,

Bruno

• 6.  Re: What XSL to edit and Where?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 11, 2018 07:31 AM

Thanks for the clarification. I think you have 2 options:

Option 1: Edit each ticket and change the name using the front-end (recommended)

Option 2: The name is stored in usm_request table / name column so you could run an update query against the table to change the name based on the ID's (request_id column) you need to modify. Option 2 has not been tested so is not recommended/supported. You would need to test this first on your test environments and confirm this is not breaking anything.

Regards,

Pablo

• 7.  Re: What XSL to edit and Where?

Posted May 11, 2018 08:19 AM

Thanks, that really helped! But I was wondering if there is no way I could do that by editing xsl files?

• 8.  Re: What XSL to edit and Where?

Posted May 11, 2018 09:37 AM

XSL files are purely for GUI.

All "data" is stored in the database.

• 9.  Re: What XSL to edit and Where?

Posted May 10, 2018 12:50 PM

hi Bruno,

If you want to  modify the name of the request in the request list it is not possible.

However if you want to give the request a different name other than the name of the service or offering then it can be done at the time of request creation or by editing the request and changing the name of the request 

Please let me know if this answers your questions 

Thanks

Chitra 

• 10.  Re: What XSL to edit and Where?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 16, 2018 02:40 PM

Bruno..........

Do you have any additional questions on this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as correct so that this thread can be closed.