CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Workflow Reminder Notification

Posted Feb 04, 2019 12:22 PM

Hello Experts,

We are using Request Workflow (Action Macro classic workflow). I need to know if it is possible to set a reminder notification until the workflow is approved.

We already have a notification set on 'pending' status. However that triggers only once, and in certain cases we have seen user missed that notification. Is there a way to trigger a reminder notification in every 24 hrs if the workflow status is pending?

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 2.  Re: Workflow Reminder Notification

Posted Feb 04, 2019 09:01 PM

When you set up a (Workflow or any) Event, you have the choice to tick the "recurrence" box. 

This might work for you.

Thanks, Kyle_R.

• 3.  Re: Workflow Reminder Notification

Posted Feb 05, 2019 04:48 AM

hello #kyle_r,

Could you help me with a screenshot here?

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 4.  Re: Workflow Reminder Notification
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 06, 2019 10:49 PM

• 5.  Re: Workflow Reminder Notification

Posted Feb 07, 2019 04:25 AM

Hello Kyle,

I must overlooked the feature . I am going to test it. Just have a question, how many times it will repeat? Once or till the time condition not fails?

Thanks

ArunavaS

• 6.  Re: Workflow Reminder Notification

Posted Feb 07, 2019 07:07 PM

ITSM 17.1 DocOps - Repeat Event 

- - -

Repeat Event
    Repeats the event at the specified time interval until the issue is closed.

- - - 

Typically you would add a Condition so that it "checks something" before firing off the Action on True or False Macros.

For example (Pseudo code) "If issue is more than 7 days old and Priority = 4, then raise Priority to 3; otherwise do nothing."

NOTE: You want to avoid where possible just attaching Events to tickets that regularly check frequently, otherwise you will start to blow out the list that the Animator (Event manager) needs to manage, which will add a performance hit to the system in extreme cases and may need a dedicated animator object engine.

As always, there is a time and place for everything, and trade-offs are involved.

Thanks, Kyle_R.