CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Creating Outbound SOAP Messages

Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:03 PM

How do I call an external SOAP API from within CA SDM? From example, when a ticket is created I need to create the same ticket in another system using web services.

• 2.  Re: Creating Outbound SOAP Messages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2018 02:22 PM

I'm sorry to say that there isn't a supported mechanism for triggering a web services call from Service Desk to communicate to another system. One option would be to use the standard supported Process Automation integration, and from Process Automation you can make a web services call to your external system.

• 3.  Re: Creating Outbound SOAP Messages

Posted Jul 18, 2018 02:50 PM

You can also start a batch or a perl program that does it.

• 4.  Re: Creating Outbound SOAP Messages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 18, 2018 03:39 PM

You could use a custom notification method for this purpose.  Please refer to

Create a Notification Method - CA Service Management - 17.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

for how to create a new notification method.

The notification method script should capture some ticket info(like ticket number, description etc) and establish SOAP WS connection to a third party app so to create a ticket there using some info from SDM ticket

Also please make sure you have some extra notification rule for the INIT activity notification for the new notification method with a different notification level if possible.

There are other ways to do this of course. Like trigger spel code to run an external script etc.  In any case, you would need to write your script. 

• 5.  Re: Creating Outbound SOAP Messages

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2018 09:47 AM

JulianaMendo 

Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as Correct so that this thread can be closed.