CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

C.I. name that I have created mismatches the Source name of the alert, is there any option that even C.I. and the host name mismatches,the same C.I. has to be populated.

• 1.  C.I. name that I have created mismatches the Source name of the alert, is there any option that even C.I. and the host name mismatches,the same C.I. has to be populated.

Posted Mar 04, 2019 06:59 AM

Configuration Item, C .I. name that I have created (created in the ITSM for the respective alert)mismatches the Source name of the alert in UIMUMP, is there any option that even C.I. and the host name mismatches,the same C.I. has to be populated.Is there any option to write a macro code?

I have created a C.I. as "Ordering" in ITSM, but the alert comes with the Source name as "Order" in UMP, since these two mismatches, the ITSM incident is not  populating automatically with the C.I. as Ordering.Is there any macro code to male populate the C.I. even that mismatches with the source/hostname of the alert?

• 2.  Re: C.I. name that I have created mismatches the Source name of the alert, is there any option that even C.I. and the host name mismatches,the same C.I. has to be populated.
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 04, 2019 10:18 AM

Hi Selvan,

The Monitoring tools (spectrum and UIM) doesnt looks for CI name or hostname instead it match/search the CI UUID. if the CI UUID in the UIM/Spectrum matches with the CI UUID in the SDM then the ticket will be opened else it will not open. i came accross similar issue with spectrum. 

so check the CI UUID in both the systems

Abdul Khadar