CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  GRLoader extension table import problem

Posted Apr 30, 2019 06:29 PM
      |   view attached

I've created a custom extension table, Family and Class to store some security specific information in the CMDB.  I can manually create records in the CMDB utilizing this Class [Security Ranking].  I'm now trying to import a new test record into the database using GRLoader and an XML file and it is failing.  I am providing only 3 attributes, the name, class and one of these attributes, "z_app_mgmt".  

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <?xml-stylesheet type='text/xsl' href='style.xsl'?>
    <GRLoader>
       <ci>
          <name>SRR - Test</name>
          <class>Security Ranking</class>
          <z_app_mgmt>COTS - Supported</z_app_mgmt>
       </ci>
    </GRLoader>

The error is "<!--WARNING: Attributes(z_app_mgmt) do not apply to class(Security Ranking) family(Security.System Ranking)-->".

I have performed the "grloader -u *** -p *** -s http://sdm***.com -scx Security Ranking" command which returns the attached 'Security Ranking.xml' file.  It lists this attribute as follows:

<z_app_mgmt lookup="aasym"></z_app_mgmt>                           <!-- SREL z_security_app_mgmt -->

I've tried with both the text corresponding to a value in 'aasym' (i.e. "COTS - Supported") and the associated row id with the same results.  Also specified the attribute as both z_app_mgmt and assoc_z_security_ranking.z_app_mgmt but no progress.  Anyone have any ideas?

SDM Release is 17.2.

Attachment(s)

zip
    Security Ranking.xml.zip   1 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: GRLoader extension table import problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 01, 2019 10:37 AM

Derek, you can try re-deploy the soap web service and run grloader with the exact same arguments and see what happens. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: GRLoader extension table import problem

Posted May 02, 2019 12:21 PM

Chi,

I successfully redeployed web services as outlined in kb000045070 but unfortunately I am still receiving the same issue.

Derek~

• 4.  Re: GRLoader extension table import problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 02, 2019 12:47 PM

derekj .........

If you have not already done so, I would suggest opening a Support Case for further investigation.

Please provide the Support Case #.

• 5.  Re: GRLoader extension table import problem

Posted May 02, 2019 01:29 PM

Thanks Paul.  Support Case # is 01355172

Derek~

• 6.  Re: GRLoader extension table import problem
    Best Answer

Posted May 02, 2019 01:48 PM

So issue resolved, yet another case of user error.  What I didn't mention is that this XML was generated via a PAM form / process and the process was in fact plunking the XML file on a different server than I expected.  It has a slightly different schema deployment and I just wasn't putting 2 and 2 together.