CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Service Desk, Unification of notification of activities.

Posted Dec 12, 2018 02:00 PM

Hi all.

Best regards.

We have activity notifications when a service ticket is solved (Resolved and automatic closing) and what we want is to unify both (leave a single notification), we already have the HTML with the information of the two notifications in one, however we want inform the user the date in which the service ticket will be closed automatically, the variable that allows this is @ {esc_style = html keeplinks = yes justify = line: description}.

But if we enter this variable in the notification what it will bring next is the answer given by the analyst who has assigned the case.

Is there any way to bring that date in this notification?

Thanks for your prompt responses.

• 2.  Re: CA Service Desk, Unification of notification of activities.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2018 02:55 PM

CarlosMora11 .........

The Default Auto-Close message template for request/incident/problem Message Template has the following syntax:

Closure will occur in @{closure_delta_hours} business hours

Also, did you check to see if the CLOSE_DATE attribute can be used?

• 3.  Re: CA Service Desk, Unification of notification of activities.

Posted Dec 12, 2018 03:16 PM

Hello Paul.

Thanks for your answers.

This is the HTML that I have designed, it is actually the HTML of the "Default notification rule for request / incident / problem", I only added information that is contained in the activity notification "automatic closing".

In the red box shown in the image we want the following to appear: The automatic closing will produce the: 06/12/2018 14:42:19

The above is the notification that is sent to the user from the notification of activity "automatic closing".  Is it possible to send the same information (the date as shown) but in the notification of activity "Resolved"? (In the red box)  I appreciate your answers.

• 4.  Re: CA Service Desk, Unification of notification of activities.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2018 04:05 PM

I checked the out of box auto close message template and I saw this "

Closure will occur in @{closure_delta_hours} business hours.

"

is this something you looked for? that is, use @{closure_delta_hours}. I am not sure what it is yet as schema does not show this attribute and just throw it out here so you may play with it.

• 5.  Re: CA Service Desk, Unification of notification of activities.

Posted Dec 12, 2018 04:22 PM

Hi Chi Chen.

That value (@ {closure_delta_hours}) brings me the value defined for the automatic closing of the service ticket, what I need is to bring the value of the date in which the ticket will be closed, for example, it should show me the following:

The automatic closing will produce the: 06/12/2018 14:42:19

This value is brought thanks to the attribute @ {esc_style = html keeplinks = yes justify = line: description} found in the automatic closing notification rule

If I use that attribute in this notification activity, it will not bring me the closing date of the service ticket, but it will bring me the analyst's response to the user regarding that ticket.