CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  In data partition constraints list,I need to restrict user for certain request area.

Posted May 22, 2018 06:53 AM

Hi Team,

In data partition constraints list,I need to restrict user for certain request area.Please give me a solution for this.

I have created:

Type                      Table                                  constraint

View                     Call_Req                           category.sym like 'GSTN' or category.sym like 'Email'

Please suggest how to resolve it, as because above code is not working.

Regards,

Jagatjyoti Dash

• 2.  Re: In data partition constraints list,I need to restrict user for certain request area.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 06:59 AM

Hi Jagatjyoti,

have you tried this "category.sym like 'GSTN%' or category.sym like 'Email%'"

Let me know if this make any difference in the behavior. Could you provide some more details of your requirement?

• 3.  Re: In data partition constraints list,I need to restrict user for certain request area.

Posted May 22, 2018 07:23 AM

Hi Maheswar,

I have given % .

Requirement:

Let I have 4 request area(HARDWARE,appl,GSTN, SOFTWARE), while L1 analyst will logging he can view the 3 request area expect GSTN and while L2 analyst will login he can view hardware and software req area except rest 2.

Thanking you,

Jagatjyoti Dash

• 4.  Re: In data partition constraints list,I need to restrict user for certain request area.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 08:53 AM

Hi Jagatjyoti,
    You try to restrict L1 analyst not to see request area GSTN. The data partition table should be Prob_Category not Call_Req. Check out the knowledge article How may we restrict the view of Problem Categories, Change Categories, and Issue Categories based on the Category name?

If you try to restrict L1 analyst not to see tickets with request area GSTN, it would be Call Req table.
    Regards,
    Derek

• 5.  Re: In data partition constraints list,I need to restrict user for certain request area.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 09:07 AM

Hi Jagatjyoti,

Thanks for you additional information. As Derek mentioned, you need to change the table name from call_req to prob_category to get your requirement working. Could you confirm if that is resolved?

• 6.  Re: In data partition constraints list,I need to restrict user for certain request area.

Posted May 22, 2018 09:51 AM

Hi Maheswar,

Its not resolved.I have made changes from call_req to prob_category.

Regards,

Jagatjyoti Dash

• 7.  Re: In data partition constraints list,I need to restrict user for certain request area.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 22, 2018 10:30 AM

Hi Jagatjyoti,
    Try L1 analyst data partition for Type: View; Table: Prob_Category; Constraint: NOT (sym LIKE 'GSTN')
    L2 analyst data partition for Type: view; Table: Prob_Categroy; Contraint: (sym LIKE 'HARDWARE') OR (sym LIKE 'SOFTWARE')

Please let us know the result.
    Regards,
    Derek

• 8.  Re: In data partition constraints list,I need to restrict user for certain request area.

Posted May 23, 2018 04:24 AM

Thank you Derek.

Regards,

Jagat

• 9.  Re: In data partition constraints list,I need to restrict user for certain request area.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 23, 2018 11:01 AM

Jagatjyoti.........

Did Derek's suggestion resovle the issue for you?

If so, please mark Derek's response as correct so that this thread can be closed.