CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Posted Jun 20, 2018 01:49 PM

Hello CA Communities

I am hoping someone might be able to help with a solution on how to manual rate or weigh an article.

For example, If I have 15 articles for the same "category" or "subject", and when I search I would like search results to bring my default (main page) to the top of the list. I would prefer to use a default page or FAQ's page and then link directly to the document.

Thank you

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 21, 2018 11:42 AM

Hi Kelly,

Perhaps the following articles can be of assistance:

Is it possible to reset the User Votes rating on a - CA Knowledge 

What is FAQ rating and How to change the FAQ ratin - CA Knowledge 

You can actually run the following command to see the SQL we use when performing any operation in SDM:

pdm_logstat -f sqlclass.c MILESTONE

Then rate a document and you should see something similar to the line below written to your sdtlog:

(UPDATE SKELETONS SET HITS = ? , USER_SLV_CNT = ? , VOTE_COUNT = ? , AVG_RATING = ? , SD_ACCEPTED_HITS = ? , LAST_HIT_DATE = ? , LAST_VOTE_DATE = ? WHERE ID = ?) Input (<HITS:int>3|<USER_SLV_CNT:int>1|<VOTE_COUNT:int>1|<AVG_RATING:float>2|<SD_ACCEPTED_HITS:int>0|<LAST_HIT_DATE:int>1494963634|<LAST_VOTE_DATE:int>1494963688|<ID:int>400001)

So based on the above, the FAQ Rating is being calculated by HITS, USER_SLV_CNT, VOTE_COUNT, AVG_RATING, SD_ACCEPTED_HITS from the skeletons table.

You just have to play around with these fields to increase the FQA ratings to push your required documents into the TOP solutions.

Thanks,

Scott

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Posted Jun 22, 2018 10:23 AM

Hello,

Will we need to modify these in a SQL query?

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2018 11:15 AM

Yes you would need to depending on which articles you would like at the top of the list.

How frequently the document was accessed in the past ==> HITS

How helpful the document was to users ==> VOTE_COUNT, AVG_RATING

HITS, USER_SLV_CNT, VOTE_COUNT, AVG_RATING, SD_ACCEPTED_HITS are key fields that drive the FAQ rating.

• 5.  Re: Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2018 12:59 PM

It should also be possible to use the command pdm_extract SKELETONS > output.txt to pull the data out of the table; you can then modify output.txt as needed, and load it back in with the pdm_load command, if you'd prefer that route. Keep in mind, though, that pdm_load can get a little tricky, and it's only a step removed from directly poking at the database. I'd strongly recommend taking backups before doing any SQL updates or data loads, just in case something goes sideways.

• 6.  Re: Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2018 01:03 PM

And as a quick followup - the pdm_extract SKELETONS command is case-sensitive, at least in the table name portion. pdm_extract expects the name of the table in exactly the case it's utilized elsewhere in the product, and our Knowledge-related data is kept in the "SKELETONS" table, so it's necessary to have it in all-caps if you're doing an extract or load against that table.

• 7.  Re: Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 11:44 AM

If you decide to do it thru DBMS tools then after that you would need to run

pdm_cache_refresh -t SKELETONS

• 8.  Re: Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 09:27 AM

kwilcox2 

Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as Correct so that this thread can be closed.

• 9.  Re: Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Posted Jun 25, 2018 11:32 AM

Hello Paul,  Is there any way to do this through the GUI?  

• 10.  Re: Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 12:58 PM

kwilcox2 

I am not aware of any way to perform this via the CA SDM UI.

You would either have to use the pdm_extract/pdm_load or SQL query method.

• 11.  Re: Is there a way to manually rate or weigh an article?

Posted Jun 26, 2018 04:02 AM

If you wanted to to push up the documents rating via the GUI, you would need to find it and rate it a few times:

===

Kind Regards,

Brian