CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Archive/Purge ticket templates (cr_tpl, chg_tpl)

Posted Jul 05, 2018 06:10 AM

Hi there,
    I've been searching for hours about this topic but I dind't found the solution.
    We need to delete the tickets and templates that had been created during the development process (we have customized CA SDM v17 to the client's requirements).
    We have used the Archive/Purge tool to delete the tickets (incident/problem/request and change order) without any problem.
    However, we tried to delete the 'template tickets' using the different template rules with no success (change order template rule, incident template rule, etc.).

What conditions must obey ticket templates to be purged? (status, active/inactive, etc)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Greetings.

• 2.  Re: Archive/Purge ticket templates (cr_tpl, chg_tpl)

Posted Jul 05, 2018 07:03 AM

Hi

The below tech doc may help assuming you know the ticket numbers of the template you want to delete:

How to Archive and Purge a specific ticket, in Ser - CA Knowledge 

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Archive/Purge ticket templates (cr_tpl, chg_tpl)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2018 09:55 AM

Soporte, please open a Support case for this problem. Archive/purge for those templates does not seems to work. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Archive/Purge ticket templates (cr_tpl, chg_tpl)

Posted Jul 06, 2018 02:36 AM

Hi,

I tried Brian Mathato solution and it works but not at all. It deletes template tickets (cr object -> call_req table). However, cr_tpl object -> cr_template table has some rows referencing the ticket templates I deleted with the archive/purge.

I tried to delete them using the archive and purge tool, with the incidente/problem/request template object but with no success.

Maybe is a bug as Chi Chen said?

Greetings.

• 5.  Re: Archive/Purge ticket templates (cr_tpl, chg_tpl)
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 06, 2018 05:51 AM

Hi Soporte,

I'm not sure if cr_tpl is part of the child objects that should be catered for by the archive and purge process like act_log, att_evt and cr_prp.

Please log a support issue so we can double check with engineering on this and possibly find a way forward on how to address this.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 6.  Re: Archive/Purge ticket templates (cr_tpl, chg_tpl)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 06, 2018 07:45 AM

Hi Soporte,

By default during the installation process you will see 10+ records for templates and those shold be avoided from deleting. Hence the Archive Purge utility will ignore from deleting those template as they are interconnecting for the integration process. Hope this helps you answer your query.

If not, let me know what are those additional template records are are not being deleted?

• 7.  Re: Archive/Purge ticket templates (cr_tpl, chg_tpl)

Posted Jul 16, 2018 02:22 AM

The templates I wanted to delete were the default templates installed by default.
    It seems that those templates can't be deleted as Maheshwar_Kusuma said.
    No more questions about the topic.
    Thanks to everyone.

• 8.  Re: Archive/Purge ticket templates (cr_tpl, chg_tpl)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2018 02:16 PM

Soporte.Sigesti 

Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as Correct so that this thread can be closed.