CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

GRLoader error read timed out

• 1.  GRLoader error read timed out

Posted Jul 06, 2018 03:26 PM

Good afternoon,

We recently updated from SDM 12.9 to 17.1. We never had any issues with using GRLoader (manually or through CCA), until now. When I ran GRLoader to update CI's manually (CCA has no issues), I get these errors:

07/05 10:40:01.643 INFO  GRLoader 493    ===============================================================================

07/05 10:40:01.646 INFO  GRLoader 494 GRLoader Started - load from xml    file(/home/otdseee/XML/BillableServers.xml) - to CMDB - CI Updates allowed / inserts not allowed

07/05 10:40:01.647 INFO  GRLoader 510    ===============================================================================

07/05 10:40:03.585 INFO  grDataMgr 200 Multi-tenancy is not enabled

07/05 10:40:03.593 INFO  grReader 188 Processing Configuration Items

07/05 10:50:03.724 ERROR grDataMgr 773 checkCIExists WebService error while checking if CI    Exists(<server1>.state.nj.us,<server1>,,,,<server1>.state.nj.us,). Exception in checkCIexists: Read timed out

07/05 11:00:04.498 ERROR grDataMgr 773 checkCIExists WebService error while checking if CI    Exists(<server2>.state.nj.us,<server2>,,,,<server2>.state.nj.us,). Exception in checkCIexists: Read timed out

Also, the error xml files states the following:

<!--ERROR: Unable to locate ID (null)-->

I used -a and -E options when executing the command. The service account we use has "Administration" Access Type.

According to this discussion: https://communities.ca.com/message/241785018?commentID=241785018#comment-241785018Gordon_Preston mentioned that the account should have privileges in both SOAP Web Service API Role and Command Line Utility Role. I don't see neither of those roles in the list of roles. So.. Administration is not enough? 

In any case, can someone please help me with this issue? Has anyone else have issues running 

• 2.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 09:04 AM

Hi Marc,

Run the following 3 commands so that the problem related to asset registration can be solved

pdm_reg_assets
    pdm_reg_assets -f
    pdm_reg_assets -U

Below is the related Document ID : KB000025367
    An attempt to update the Host name and DNS name fields of a Configuration Item (CI) gives the error ""AHD05543: Your changes to Registration parameters match an existing Configuration Item"".
    Link: https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/an-attempt-to-update-the-host-name-and-dns-name-fields-of-a-configuration-item-ci-gives-the-error-ahd05543-your-changes-to-registration-parameters-match-an-existing-configuration-item/kb000025367

The CORACLEANUP (T5N6346) is a small tool to fix inconsistencies in the MDB.

Document ID : KB000045505
    MDB Registration error, when creating or updating a new CI
    https://comm.support.ca.com/kb/MDB-Registration-error-when-creating-or-updating-a-new-CI/KB000045505

Hoping to see if this helps.

• 3.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Posted Jul 09, 2018 01:56 PM

How do you know this issue relates to asset registration? I never got an error "AHD05543: Your changes to Registration parameters match an existing Configuration Item".

• 4.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 09, 2018 06:37 PM

Hi Marc,

Check in the Administration access type on the Roles tab, that the Soap Web Service API Role and Command Line Utility Role are both set to Administrator.

Are you running GRLoader from a primary or secondary server or if running in AA mode from the BG or an APP server? Or, are you running it from a standalone client machine?

What are the execution options you are using when running it? Is there any further information listed in the grloader.log or the stdlog on the Service Desk server that grloader is connecting to (specified in the -s flag) when the error occurs?

Thanks,

Gordon.

• 5.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Posted Jul 10, 2018 09:31 AM

Ah ok. So I just checked the access type and here's a screenshot:

It looks like that both roles are already set to administrator.

I'm running GRLoader on the primary server. I'm using the following command and switches:

GRLoader -s http://<server>:8080 -u srvcdesk -i /home/<username>/XML/test.xml -a -E

Here's the output from GRLoader.log

I don't see anything in the stdlog in regards to GRLoader. 

Also, here's the xml error file:

• 6.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:10 AM

what if you use -n instead of -a? if the -n option inserts a CI, then most likely for some reason  the CORA does not find a matching CI to update with -a option and then if you can see this CI from web interface, I think it is time to open a Support case.

• 7.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:26 AM

What if it creates a duplicate record?

Yeah, I opened a support case on this. I have not gotten anyone to take the case yet.

• 8.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:31 AM

Very good question...if you have a dev env you may try it there. Also, from web interface, do you see one CI matching all the values you have in the input xml file?

• 9.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:53 AM

Yeah, I looked for duplicate CI's (matching name and even UUID from the database), but there were none. I'm puzzled as to why it is "Unable to locate ID". I'm a little hesitant in using the CORA tool because it took 3 hours to process last time. I'd like to exhaust all options before using the tool.

• 10.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 11:51 AM

do you mean you can NOT find a matching CI in the existing repository? if yes, that is why you got the error as the -a option wants to update an existing CI.

• 11.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Posted Jul 10, 2018 01:44 PM

No. I can see it in Service Desk UI as well as in the database. I looked for any duplicates both in the UI as well as in the database (select * from mdbadmin.ca_owned_resource where own_resource_uuid like '%<uuid>%'), but there wasn't any. When I run GRLoader to update the CI, it comes up with the error above.

• 12.  Re: GRLoader error read timed out

Posted Mar 05, 2019 01:27 AM

I see I'm arriving late on the scene here, but I have recently seen this error arise when the role 'Administrator' is not set as the default role for the access type which is set for the account used to run GRLoader.  Just in case that helps someone else...

Regards,

James