CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to Update Admin Tab Resources?

Posted May 09, 2018 09:23 AM

I have added the "Administration tab - Service Desk Administrator" tab to a role that will have limited admin access. This tab is a good fit but is missing some functions I need. For example, it contains the Change Order> Workflow Tasks options but is missing the same options under Requests/Incidents/Problems.  How can those functions be added?

thanks

Jeff

• 2.  Re: How to Update Admin Tab Resources?

Posted May 09, 2018 10:25 AM

You can customize the menu that is linked to the tab and add more link/menu entries. Look in the Roles Management section, under Menu Trees and find the menu linked to the tab, then edit it.

• 3.  Re: How to Update Admin Tab Resources?
    Best Answer

Posted May 09, 2018 01:14 PM

There are a few steps to get a new menu tree, and the OOTB menu trees cannot be editted. The asiest way is to make a copy of an existing one and then you can customize it to suit your needs. I needed to create a limited function Admin tab for out ITSM support team. The OOTB admin tabs either had too many optiond available or not everything we needed. Creating a new Admin tab was the answer. These are the steps:

1. Role Management> Menu_Trees> Create New>   itsm_admin_tree
    2. Role Management> Web Forms> Create New> Name: Admin ITSM    
      Copy/Paste Resource string from the original Administration Web Form and change the tree code to point to the new Menu_Tree created in step 1
      $cgi?SID=$SESSION.SID+FID=123+OP=DISPLAY_FORM+HTMPL=admin_main_role.htmpl+KEEP.tree_code=itsm_admin_tree
    3. Role Management> Tabs>  Create New>  Admin ITSM
      Display Name: Admin ITSM
      Starting Page: Admin ITSM (Web Form created in step 2)                
      Menubar: Administration (select any suitable menubar)
    4. Role Management> Role List> Resources> Tabs> Update Tabs> Search
      Select the new tab created in Step 3.                
      Re-sequence Tabs as required.
    5. To customize the menu-tree options that appear on the new Tab: Role Management> Menu_Trees> Select the new menu tree created in Step 1
      Customize Menu> Hover over the menu tree, right click and modify as required.