CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  17.1 Migration Failed, Menu Options Not Available

Posted Apr 15, 2018 12:50 AM

Hey all,

Just completed a migration from 17.0 to 17.1. We had some issues during the migration process but were finally able to upgrade all of the components within Service Management.

However, we seem to have one particular issue. The menu items that would allow access to some of the new features are missing. For example, License Usage is missing under the System drop-down in the administrative menu.

I have verified that this table was created within the MDB. I also grabbed the resource information from our development environment and custom made the license usage menu item. It loads into the page (page has been created), and appears to save data. Which is in turn updated inside of the table within the MDB.

But the menu structure itself never got updated. Any ideas why this is the case? And what can be ran again or operation performed to update the menu structure.

Appreciate your help/insights.

• 2.  Re: 17.1 Migration Failed, Menu Options Not Available

Posted Apr 15, 2018 09:43 PM

Hi Jordan,

Is there a custom Administrator menu tree?

Regards,

James

• 3.  Re: 17.1 Migration Failed, Menu Options Not Available

Posted Apr 15, 2018 09:45 PM

We have some customized administration menus (smaller list of options) available for different roles.

But we have not created a customized administration menu for the primary administrator or system administrator. Both of those are completely OOTB.

• 4.  Re: 17.1 Migration Failed, Menu Options Not Available

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 16, 2018 07:22 AM

Hi Jordan,

Do you have any other environment (17.0) where in you can capture the screeshot and paste the same to compare with that of 17.1? Is the issue noted for Administrator user or only with customized user menu?

• 5.  Re: 17.1 Migration Failed, Menu Options Not Available

Posted Apr 16, 2018 10:17 AM

Not sure what you are specifically asking for. We do have the development environment both of which have transitioned to 17.1. Within the development environment we did not face this particular obstacle it worked as it should have during the upgrade. 

What appears to have happened is that we retained the 17.0 menu structure. Never got upgraded to the 17.1.

You would have a better understanding of what is included in 17.1 but for example. I cannot see the license usage menu option. I cannot see the first new option under the xFlow admin menu that should appear in 17.1.

Literally as though the change never occurred within the GUI. Although the versioning and installation package all indicate that everything upgraded successfully. The new tables within the MDB also indicate it upgraded successfully.

Not sure where the disconnect occurred.

• 6.  Re: 17.1 Migration Failed, Menu Options Not Available
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 18, 2018 11:43 AM

This was created into 01060843 for further investigation.