CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Users "Employee" can edit ticket that are locked but informations aren't saved and no error messages are displayed.

Posted Aug 20, 2018 02:50 PM

Hi all,

I found a problem with CA SDM (v17.0 OOTB, no customization), and my version 14.1.04.1 that when Employees are editing a ticket and then click the link to the home page or back button of their browser the ticket still remain "Locked".

Actually when an analyst does that in CA SDM he will get the message starting by AHD05021 and eventually after 5 minutes the record will be available again for editing (usp_record_lock table in mdb or record_lock object in the schema).

I want to have something similar displayed when an employee and also be able to customize the content of the message and if it's possible clicking the "Home" link making the same action as "Cancelling modifications" and then redirecting to the home page.

I tried extracting the error message but was not able to get any $args.ERROR_MSG in Employee mode.

Thanks for you help !

Ben

• 2.  Re: Users "Employee" can edit ticket that are locked but informations aren't saved and no error messages are displayed.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 03:07 PM

Ben, I just tried that on 17.1 install and everything seemed to be fine. If you have a reproducible case for 17.0 or 14.1 please open a Support case so CA can fix it and I don't think you need to "fix" it your self my customization. Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: Users "Employee" can edit ticket that are locked but informations aren't saved and no error messages are displayed.

Posted Aug 20, 2018 04:18 PM

Hi Chi,

Have you tried these steps to reproduce the issue?

- Creating an incident, then save.

- Opening that incident editing it, and then clicking the "home" link on the webpage

- Returning into that incident, editing an information and then save it

No error message will be displayed and no informations will be edited.

Thanks

Ben

• 4.  Re: Users "Employee" can edit ticket that are locked but informations aren't saved and no error messages are displayed.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 04:28 PM

Ben, thank you for providing the detail steps. With that I saw exactly what you described...no error message as if the ticket has been changed successfully. And I saw this in the latest version 17.1.01. Please open a Support case. Regards _Chi

• 5.  Re: Users "Employee" can edit ticket that are locked but informations aren't saved and no error messages are displayed.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 24, 2018 09:48 AM

blav 

Have you had a chance to open a CA Support case for this behavior?

If so, please provide the CA Support case # for reference.