CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Dropdown in cell in BOXI Report

Posted Apr 04, 2018 11:01 AM

Hello Community,

Is there a way to put a dropdown in a report's cell? The idea is to generate a report in boxi and the user could select a value from a list displayed in a dropdown cell inside the report.

We're using CABI 4.1.

Please HELP!

Regards,

Jose Pichardo

• 2.  Re: Dropdown in cell in BOXI Report

Posted Apr 04, 2018 11:34 AM

Hey Jose, 

You may need to utilize Filters to accomplish this. The following links will provide you with more info on these filters, and help you decide which works best for you based on what each are intended for:

Report Drop Down Webi 

Drill Filter Vs Report Filter in Webi Report 

Regards,

Brandon Persad

• 3.  Re: Dropdown in cell in BOXI Report

Posted Apr 05, 2018 09:31 AM

Hello Brandon,

Thanks for your message. Regarding to your suggerence, we don't want to filter data or get information based on selected values. We want to insert a dropdown in an empty cell, where we put a list of values an the user can choose an option just informational. For example like a poll cell, yes or no, etc.

Regards,

JP

• 4.  Re: Dropdown in cell in BOXI Report
    Best Answer

Posted May 14, 2018 09:57 AM

Hey Jose, 

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you. I don't believe there is an easy way to do this, as the report cells look to pull data and info based on selected values that come back from the product's database itself. I think you can add blank slots into existing dropdowns, but I do not believe you can populate a dropdown with a list of your own values. 

You can comment on cells or blocks though. Not sure if this would be a good alternative for you:

SAP Help Portal 

Regards,

Brandon Persad