CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA Service Desk Manager - Classic Request/Incident Workflows cancelling

Posted Jun 20, 2018 10:35 AM

Using SDM 14.1.04 and also tested on SDM 17.0 found out that when a request with a standard workflow attached to it the workflow(s) automatically get cancelled when a request status is set to cancel.

Even if "Cancel" is not a status available for that particular task. Even if "Cancel" task status get disabled. Found out in the stdlog files that this behaviour maybe come from cr_wf.spl file provided by CA.

I've been searching for information on CA communities and in CA SDM documentations but did not find anything that gave me the answers I needed.

I was looking to understand a bit more on that behaviour, where it could had been configured in CA SDM and if I can set up something similar when changing a request to "Rejected" (cancelling or completing all task automatically) or any other statuses that end a request (for example: Request Closed). As of now if a set a request status to "Rejected" (Code: REJ) I get the error code: AHD05835.

Thank you

• 2.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager - Classic Request/Incident Workflows cancelling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:18 AM

Benoit, out of box when a request/incident is cancelled it is considered inactive/closed ticket so why you would need wf tasks not cancelled when the ticket is already closed/inactive? Thanks _Chi

• 3.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager - Classic Request/Incident Workflows cancelling

Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:27 AM

Hi Chi,

I was hoping to discover a behaviour like that when cancelling a request. What I'd like to do is having the same behaviour (all tasks cancelled or completed) when I switch a request to "Closed" or to "Rejected" as both statuses make the ticket inactive/closed.

Thanks

Ben

• 4.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager - Classic Request/Incident Workflows cancelling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:43 AM

Ben, I got it. Unfortunately I don't think you can configure that. In fact, SDM will do the opposite...it does not allow you to close the ticket until all wf tasks are completed. I would suggest submit an idea here in the community . Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager - Classic Request/Incident Workflows cancelling

Posted Jun 20, 2018 11:47 AM

You would have to update the change.maj file...

POST_CI cancel_wf_on_abandon( id ) 75
    FILTER (status == 'CNCL' || status == 'REJ');

• 6.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager - Classic Request/Incident Workflows cancelling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 03:18 PM

Will, this is a good suggestion. For cr/in/pr, it is cm.maj. I tried this for cm.maj file but still it failed for other statuses except for CNCL. Thanks _Chi

• 7.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager - Classic Request/Incident Workflows cancelling

Posted Jun 20, 2018 03:23 PM

Sorry, I was thinking in terms of change.  We have this modification in PROD and it works for us, but you can't copy it to the site/mods folder, it has to still reside in the bopcfg.

• 8.  Re: CA Service Desk Manager - Classic Request/Incident Workflows cancelling

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2018 03:28 PM

Will, your idea actually is a very good one.  Guys here know how to do it for change orders, pretty much as if we had an option installed Thanks _Chi