CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  User on CA USS

Posted Apr 25, 2018 03:39 PM

Hi Team!

Me pueden dar una guia de la razón por la cual los usuarios que estan creados en CA Service Catalog y CA Service Desk no estan registrados en CA USS, algunos usuarios quieren ingresar a CA USS y al momento de autenticarse les genera un error en el cual dice que las credenciales o el usuario son incorrectas, al buscar la persona en USS no lo encuentro a pesar que si lo busco en SC o SD en ambos esta creado y se pueden autenticar.

For Example the user Miyer can access to SC an SD but no in USS. 

On USS the integration with EEM is enabled

Thank you!

• 2.  Re: User on CA USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 04:00 PM

Johanna,

USS users are not automatically created, unless you use one of the Service Management offerings -> to configure LDAP and import users from LDAP  using that offering, which will create users across the products for you.

_R

• 3.  Re: User on CA USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 04:00 PM

USS users are normally created on the first login/use of the USS URL

_R

• 4.  Re: User on CA USS

Posted Apr 25, 2018 04:06 PM

Hi Raghu!

Yes with another user I tried to login and then look for the new account on USS but I don´t see it.

• 5.  Re: User on CA USS

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 25, 2018 04:47 PM

Hi Johanna,

The contacts you can see in Service Desk Manager and Service Catalog are stored in the ca_contact table in the mdb database. When you log into USS for the first time, the user will be created in the USS database( USS_mdb), not the mdb database... specifically in the User_ table ..

So if you look for the user in USS, you are searching in the USS_mdb/User_ table not in the ca_contact and this is why you cannot find the user... If you cannot find the user, that means that the user was never created (never logged into USS)... You could try searching at db level. Another good option would be to log into EEM with the user who¿s having the issue to confirm the password is correct.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pablo