CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Ticket to be created VIA email if Affected End User entered wrong

Posted Aug 31, 2018 05:53 AM

Hello,

Out of the box, if user is sending email and passing the values %customer=abc. By mistake if he/she entered wrong then the logs will show 

08/31 05:23:15.49 NJ3-SD-DEV-1 spelsrvr 33396 ERROR text_api.spl 2338 fetch_dob_list userid (abc.testing@abc.com) in factory (cnt) not found

That user entered at %customer didnt found in cnt.

Our requirement is to raise the ticket with some default user id if user entered the wrong values/user entered does not found in cnt table.

Anybody has some idea how to achieve this.

Thanks

MM

• 2.  Re: Ticket to be created VIA email if Affected End User entered wrong

Posted Aug 31, 2018 11:24 AM

Hi,

check input area named Text API Defaults in maileater rule, you can try to define customer, log agent or end user.

example:

ISSUE.LOG_AGENT=3E390A4E28F22047A69E409C5BEDA8E8

Check NX_ROOT\site\text_api.cfg for more details.

btw if you have well defined contacts table with email addresses why not to fetch customer by email?

Regards,

Timur

• 3.  Re: Ticket to be created VIA email if Affected End User entered wrong

Posted Aug 31, 2018 01:01 PM

Hello Timur,

Thanks for the information.

We are having user ID as email id due to multiple ad's integrated with eem.

We have seen that multiple times, user entered wrong email id for the customer(user ID), by which ticket is not being created.

Now customer wants that even if customer entered wrong email id. A ticket should get created with default customer. I have already used in text_api file with default email values i.e. incident.customer=I'd value of default user.

But the issue still remain same. As soon as CA SD fetch the error that customer is not available in cnt, that email is not forwarded to text_api to get the default value and ticket is not created.

Any other ideas appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Mayur Malhotra

• 4.  Re: Ticket to be created VIA email if Affected End User entered wrong
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 31, 2018 01:53 PM

I think this workaround should do the trick.

You need to create custom lookup method: http://www.servicedeskusers.com/Custom_Lookup_method_for_TextAPI 

But before calling return contact; validate it::

if (is_empty(contact))
        contact = (uuid)"0123456789ABCDEF0123456789ABCDEF"; // some service cnt here

• 5.  Re: Ticket to be created VIA email if Affected End User entered wrong

Posted Sep 03, 2018 06:18 AM

Thanks Paul,

I have customized this spell to use my requirement, So I have customized spell to pass same userid but with customer parameter i.e. %ENDUSER.

I have also communicated to the user to use %ENDUSER instead of %CUSTOMER.

Thanks once again.

MM