CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Tenant name in maileater

• 1.  Tenant name in maileater

Posted Oct 07, 2017 09:10 AM

We are using CA SDM 12.9.

Can we pass the tenant name through email while creating maileater incident tickets?

Currently we pass tenant UUID.

• 2.  Re: Tenant name in maileater

Posted Oct 09, 2017 09:21 AM

Hi Chirag,

Mailboxes are tenanted themselves, so I am not sure that passing the tenant UUID would do anything since its not a field available in the text_api.cfg. Also I believe that it would create a ticket based on the tenant of the requester.

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Tenant name in maileater

Posted Oct 12, 2017 05:55 AM

I checked by passing %Tenant=Tenantname and it is creating tickets in the specified tenants even though the %tenant has been defined to accept UUID in the text_api.cfg.

Not sure how that is working exactly.

• 4.  Re: Tenant name in maileater

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 09, 2017 02:12 PM

A few questions:

• What are you trying to do here specifically?  Why do you need to pass the tenant name through maileater?  Can you provide a use case that describes this scenario?
    • How are you passing the existing tenant UUID information, and to what field?

As Jon had stated, mailboxes have their own tenant attribute, so it's not clear to the purpose of passing tenant information as you mentioned.

• 5.  Re: Tenant name in maileater

Posted Oct 12, 2017 06:05 AM

The requirement is for users to be able to create tickets by sending emails.

UUID is being passed using field %Tenant which has been defined in the text_api.cfg as %Tenant=tenant.UUID

• 6.  Re: Tenant name in maileater
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 12, 2017 09:50 AM

Hi Chirag, again, as I mentioned earlier, tenant is chosen based on the tenant of the affected end user.  The affected end user/requestor is based on the "from" address on the email that is sent in.  It matches the email address to the contact table and then creates the ticket under the tenant of that contact which sent the email.  Thats why its working regardless of whether you use the UUID or the Name because its using the from address and putting the ticket under that user's tenant.  Additionally, end users will ONLY be able to create tickets via email under their own tenant.  Only an analyst that has rights to create a ticket under a contact for another tenant would be able to do that.

Thanks,

Jon I

• 7.  Re: Tenant name in maileater

Posted Oct 12, 2017 10:01 AM

Additionally as a side note - if your goal is to have end users be able to create tickets under different tenants that are NOT the tenant on the contact which their email address is associated with, it will not work unfortunately.  Multi-tenancy is just not designed that way.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 8.  Re: Tenant name in maileater

Posted Oct 12, 2017 10:43 AM

and we want to keep like this

Imagine an MSP where any client can send email and create ticket  in another client tenant.

Will be a big breach

/J

• 9.  Re: Tenant name in maileater

Posted Oct 12, 2017 10:50 AM

Correct jmayer  - this will not change.  It is the way it was designed and the way that MSP's are using the product currently. 

Jon I.

• 10.  Re: Tenant name in maileater

Posted Oct 11, 2017 03:18 PM

Hi chiragmunje,

We havent heard back from you on this one regarding clarification of what you are looking to do here, and what is driving it.  If you still need assistance on this one, please provide the info that David and myself asked about, so that we can give you some help here.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 11.  Re: Tenant name in maileater

Posted Oct 12, 2017 10:53 AM

Thanks for your inputs everyone!