CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Need to add CI's in export report of change order.

Posted Jun 06, 2018 09:53 AM

Hi Team ,

While I am logging a Change Order ticket and closed it after approval process and then extracting report for change order I need a column showing CI(Configuration Item).

Thanking you and best regards,

Jagatjyoti Dash 

• 2.  Re: Need to add CI's in export report of change order.

Posted Jun 08, 2018 03:08 AM

Hi,

Not sure where you want this column?

In the list form?, in CABI report?

Can you please explain a little more

Please also note that a change order can contain multiple CI's. So witch one you will show in that column?

/J

• 3.  Re: Need to add CI's in export report of change order.

Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:46 AM

Hi ,

I need it in list page.i.e. list_chg page. I need to show all CI attached to it.

Thanking you and Regards,

Jagat

• 4.  Re: Need to add CI's in export report of change order.

Posted Jun 08, 2018 04:58 AM

I don't think this is a good idea as your list form may not looking nice having all this CI records in it.

If your intend is to be able to use the export button from there, you better look to build report vs. list form that must be use from an operational perspective.

May you want to continue there, you will need to use the fmtfunc on a new column that will call a custom function in your list form

In this function you will have to retrieve the associated CI's using pdm_list and then format the result to display correctly in your column. Searching this forum you must found some examples of this technic.

As you can see possible with some custom but not really nice to accomplish and for witch business value?

My 2 cents

/J