CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Set default value in a text field

Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:43 AM

How to set some default value for a text field (for e.g. summary or description) for change tickets?

• 2.  Re: Set default value in a text field
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 10, 2018 10:48 AM

if its a JSON put a property from datasheet 

same for xml 

if you want to do it with property use 

(?=default.*(?=PROPERTY SET FOR THIS CASE)

• 3.  Re: Set default value in a text field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 11:04 AM

Hi Chirag,

Could you first elaborate the context in this case? what version of SDM are you using? Are you taking of CR or Change object in this case?

I noted a similar community thread which might be of some help if I understand that you are looking to automate CR object fields i.e (Summary/description). However this is not ootb functionality but you might to put some effort in modifying the content as per your requirement to add summary and description which considered is customizing the product.

https://communities.ca.com/thread/108813587

Let me know if this thread helps?

• 4.  Re: Set default value in a text field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 10, 2018 11:09 AM

Chirag, you can modify the detail_***.htmpl file and use the "value" tag to give a default value when the ticket is created. For example, "

<PDM_IF "$args.id" == "0">    
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlTextbox hdr="Summary" attr=summary value="xxxxyyy" colspan=3 keeplinks=yes size=120 spellchk=yes srchknow=no>
    <PDM_ELSE>
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlTextbox hdr="Summary" attr=summary colspan=3 keeplinks=yes size=120 spellchk=yes srchknow=no>
    </PDM_IF>

"

will give default value of the summary as "xxxxyyy". Thanks _Chi

• 5.  Re: Set default value in a text field

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 13, 2018 02:11 PM

chiragmunje 

Do you have any additional questions regarding this topic?

If not, please mark one of the provided answers as Correct so that this thread can be closed.