I tried to add affected_resource' serial number label on detail_in.htmpl
with WSP code:
<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookupReadonly hdr="Serial Number" attr="affected_resource.serial_number" link="no">
But I would like serial number label is auto display when configuration item value is changed.
Thanks & Regards.
I have CA service desk manager 17.0.
Can you confirm that this is the scenario you are looking for?
1. End user accesses a given incident detail page. Affected Resource's serial number is displayed.
2. Somewhere else, another end user modifies the given CI's serial number. The user modifies it directly or an integration makes the change. But the change occurs while the incident detail page is displayed.
3. Incident Detail Page then somehow shows the new serial number from Step 2 automatically.
If this is what you are looking for, you're probably looking at some kind of java script that auto-refreshes the page periodically for any new information. The page itself holds static content obtained at the time it was originally loaded. If any data fields change while you're looking at the incident detail page, such as the assignee or the status of the incident, the page will only show the update if one does a manual refresh.
Can you confirm that this is what you're asking for? Can you also specify what are the end user habits in this regard?
I'm looking for this scenario
1. Analyst create a new incident and then they input affected resource.
2. When an affected resource text box was input or changed then affected resource's serial number is displayed without click save.