CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Propagate Configuration Item to SDM via Service Catalog

Posted Jun 08, 2017 12:12 PM

Hi guys,

I need to relate each catalog item to a configuration item every time a ticket is opened in SDM via service catalog.

In the form settings I created a new field with the attribute ca_sdm_attr_affected_rc and associate the value of own_resource_uuid in the field, but when I opened the ticket no association to the configuration item is executed.

I am using the id of the configuration item contained in the ca_owned_resource table.

I try to use the value with "0xABCDEFGH..", '0xABCDEFGH..', 0xABCDEFGH.. and without the 0x, ABCDEFGH..

Am I doing something wrong?

• 2.  Re: Propagate Configuration Item to SDM via Service Catalog

Posted Jun 08, 2017 12:21 PM

• 3.  Re: Propagate Configuration Item to SDM via Service Catalog

Posted Jun 26, 2017 05:22 PM

I am facing the same issue too. 

Tommorow I will start investigating and find a solution for your case .

But in my opinion a good start is to create an incident in SDM with CI. then from mdb try to find what exactly the ci column is filled with. Then reflect the value IN SC

• 4.  Re: Propagate Configuration Item to SDM via Service Catalog

Posted Jun 27, 2017 12:25 PM

I'm trying to understand your requirement a little better. What you are trying to do is:

1. Relate a configuration item to and offering in Service Catalog, or
    2. have the person completing the Service Catalog request select a configuration item?

• 5.  Re: Propagate Configuration Item to SDM via Service Catalog

Posted Jun 27, 2017 03:42 PM

I did it by :  adding the CI uuid without the prefix 0x to a catalog field having id=sdm_attr_.....

• 6.  Re: Propagate Configuration Item to SDM via Service Catalog
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 27, 2017 03:43 PM

Attribute name affected_resource