CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CMDB audit

Posted Oct 30, 2017 05:30 AM

Hello everyone, it's time to have CMDB audit, I'm searching for some guidelines. If anyone here did it what tools do you use, what method? Any help is appreciated.

Edit:

Sorry I wasn't precise. I'll extend my question.

Client has SD 14.1 and uses Business Objects 4.1.

There is a request to make CMDB audit with as much info about CI's as possible, but they weren't clear what exactly they want. Can I get significant info from standard Universe?

What extra information can I get from Sap's sample Universe ( http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/40711187-04e8-2d10-d190-851e20c7665a)

Thank you for your responses.

• 2.  Re: CMDB audit

Posted Nov 01, 2017 02:45 PM

Hi Marko,

Can you give us a bit more on the specifics of what you need to audit specifically?  What are you looking to find out exactly?   This way we can help you with some relevant information here.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: CMDB audit
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2017 09:54 AM

Marko, you may want to take a look at usp_ci_act_log and nr_com tables for CI audit data. Also take a look at

What mdb Table Holds The Data For Configuration Item Versioning/Auditing? 

Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: CMDB audit

Posted Feb 09, 2018 12:54 PM

It is a manual process that we use.  We extract the data (all attributes and all relationships) from our reporting universe and build spreadsheets for each team to review their portion of the CIs and return with their changes.  We have a last audit date field that we populate to track when a CI was last audited.