CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to Open the CMDBVisualizer by xTraction (2017.1)?

Posted Mar 28, 2018 03:13 PM

How do I when to click on the CI in the list for Dashboard xTraction and go to the CMDBVisualizer, identifying the user already logged in as is done by CA SDM? (before upgrading to version 17 (CA SDM), this happened usually this before.) Now, it asks for user authenticate, but it generates a connection error in the CMDBVisualizer window.

• 2.  Re: Abrir CMDBVisualizer pelo xTraction

Posted Mar 29, 2018 05:48 AM

Can anyone help with the language translation for the benefit of the rest of the Community members?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: How to Open the CMDBVisualizer by xTraction?

Posted Mar 29, 2018 08:01 AM

I'm sorry! I thought I was in the "Brazil CA Service Management Users" community. I have re-edited the post.

Kind Regards,

Wander

• 4.  Re: How to Open the CMDBVisualizer by xTraction?

Posted Mar 29, 2018 08:07 AM

Hi Brian, here’s my summary based on google translate and their screenshots.

Wander “How do I navigate to the CMDB visualizer from a record list in Xtraction in version 2018.0? This worked in the earlier 2017 builds. When users select the visualizer option they are prompted to login and then receive an error.”

Answer: Check the connection string editor in the data model editor. The connection string for the visualizer may have been messed up during the upgrade. I wouldn’t be surprised if this were a bug though, we upgraded to 2018.0 but had to rollback after a week due to finding several critical bugs.

• 5.  Re: How to Open the CMDBVisualizer by xTraction?

Posted Mar 29, 2018 08:24 AM

The 17 version I mentioned corresponds to CA SDM, not xTraction. The current version of xTraction is 2017.1.
    The connection string is in the same structure as before: "http: // server: 9080 / CMDBVisualizer / externallaunch.do? Uuid = {0}". Is there any other parameter for authentication that should be placed in the string?

• 6.  Re: How to Open the CMDBVisualizer by xTraction (2017.1)?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2018 09:36 AM

Oh I see, at first glance it looked like a screenshot from 2018.0.   We actually have the same issue and I figured out how to solve it.  Xtraction uses the Url Id attribute in CMDB\Configuration Items\CONIFGURATION_ITEM to assemble the visualizer URL.  The problem is the expression that is being used is returning a lowercase UUID while visualizer is expecting uppercase..

To solve this I replaced the expression that is used on the URL_ID attribute.  Before updating the data model backup datamodel.dat file.

New Expression:

CONVERT(varchar(max),CONFIGURATION_ITEM.OWN_RESOURCE_UUID,2)

Results in: https://visualizer_url/CMDBVisualizer/externallaunch.do?uuid=84140D575245A441A7884D4544A6BFDE 

Original Expression:

SUBSTRING(master.dbo.fn_varbintohexstr(CONFIGURATION_ITEM.OWN_RESOURCE_UUID), 3, LEN(master.dbo.fn_varbintohexstr(CONFIGURATION_ITEM.OWN_RESOURCE_UUID)) - 2)

Results in: https://visualizer_url/CMDBVisualizer/externallaunch.do?uuid=e62e24ebf6dcb44ca8319bfd9c31df53 

Don't forget to save the data model and then reload the data model in the UI.

Let me know if this works for you!

• 7.  Re: How to Open the CMDBVisualizer by xTraction (2017.1)?

Posted Mar 29, 2018 10:23 AM

It's worked!

After the authentication screen, the error no longer occurred and showed the requested CI!

Thanks for help!

Wander

• 8.  Re: How to Open the CMDBVisualizer by xTraction (2017.1)?

Posted Mar 29, 2018 10:43 AM

That's great! I'm glad it worked for you.