CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

PDM_load on Service_desc table

• 1.  PDM_load on Service_desc table

Posted Nov 01, 2017 02:24 PM
      |   view attached

Is it possible to load data into Service_Desc table (the one with service types)?. i already tried, but the "code" field is required and i don't know which data i need to use for it.

• 2.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table

Posted Nov 01, 2017 02:38 PM

Hi Lucas,

If you go to create a new service type in service desk through the GUI, you will see that you would need to fill in the "code" field.   The "code" field is typically an abbreviation of the name of the service type, which is used as a reference in some cases.  So for example if you had a service type called "Lucas Service Type" you could make the code  "lcssvctyp" or something similar.  This value needs to be unique for each record. You just need to add that to your load file and it should work without a problem.

Hope this helps.

Jon

• 3.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table

Posted Nov 01, 2017 02:46 PM

Actually through the GUI there is no "code" field. for Service Type ( Service_Desc table)

• 4.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table

Posted Nov 01, 2017 02:54 PM

i tried to input a random code and got the following result:

• 5.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2017 03:28 PM

Lucas, this is very tricky...code is dynamic generated when you create one record in Service_Desc table...my gut feeling is(not tested yet lol), you would need to have "code" as one of the entry in the input file and have its value as ""(that is, blank for the moment and let SDM fill it in later)...give it a try. Thanks _Chi

• 6.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table

Posted Nov 01, 2017 03:34 PM

already tried that :/ 

• 7.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table

Posted Nov 01, 2017 03:55 PM

Did you try to run "pdm_load -i" against your load file while leaving the id, and code fields blank?

When you attempted the last load and it failed iwth the conflicting row error - did you check to see if you already have a row with the same ID number?

Can you share the load file you are using so I can do some quick tests here?

Jon

• 8.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table

Posted Nov 01, 2017 03:59 PM

the load file i'm using 

TABLE Service_Desc
    sym tenant schedule
    {"SLA de 48 horas","","wrkshft:4600"}

• 9.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 01, 2017 04:14 PM

I got it ! i just created a big number (30 characters) and it passed

• 10.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table

Posted Nov 01, 2017 04:16 PM

Hi Lucas, 

thanks for sharing. I just attempted the same, and unfortunately it appears to be a limitation of the product at this point.  I dont see any way to do this at the moment.

Your best bet will be to create them through the GUI

Jon

• 11.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2017 04:26 PM

Hello,

Can you describe why you need to load content into this table?  What is it you are trying to do here?  How does the loading of content to the given Service_Desc table help you here?

• 12.  Re: PDM_load on Service_desc table

Posted Nov 08, 2017 09:55 AM

To create multiple service types