CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

• 1.  Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Posted Jan 16, 2018 02:56 PM

Hey, guys!

I read some topics regarding customizations of the change calendar tab but i could not find anything related to the use of the tab to create a new calendar tab for tickets of scheduled requests, for example.

My client requested that a new tab be created containing all the scheduled requests (in a certain status), I figured that using the form list_chgsched.htmpl I could simply replace the factory for cr, for example, and make a few modifications, but it seems that it is somewhat more complicated than that.

Did any of you ever have to do something like that?

• 2.  Re: Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Posted Jan 22, 2018 08:00 AM

Hi Diego,

1. What error(s) are you getting after the modifications you did in attempt to make this work for requests?

2. Could you also clarify exactly what you did on your side as part of the modifications to make this work for requests?

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 3.  Re: Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Posted Jan 25, 2018 11:23 AM

Hi Brian!

Thanks for answering and sorry if I could not be so clear in explaining the needs.

I need to create a new tab similar to the change calendar tab to display all the requests / incidents that have been scheduled, just as it is done for the change requests, as shown:

In this environment many requests are scheduled (by definition of status) and the customer would like these requests in this specific status to be displayed graphically on a tab as well as the change request requests are displayed in the change calendar.

Has anyone had to do something like this?

• 4.  Re: Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Posted Jan 26, 2018 01:54 AM

Hi Diego,

Creating a similar tab should be as easy as copying the current form, renaming it and assigning it to the role. The biggest challenge would be making this to display data in the context of Requests, which I have never attempted before.

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 5.  Re: Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Posted Jan 30, 2018 12:18 PM

So I have not tried this but, it might work. If you look at the Change Calendar Tab you see that the Web Form is:

$cgi?OP=SEARCH_RETURN_ALL+SID=$SESSION.SID+FID=123+FACTORY=chg+HTMPL=list_chgsched.htmpl+QBE.EQ.active=1+KEEP.isHierSearch=0+schedInitialView=30+init=1+ADDITIONAL_WHERE=(sched_start_date>0)

so if we change the Factory to cr and change the additional where it may work. If that does not, the changes to get this working might be a bit too much.

• 6.  Re: Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Posted Apr 10, 2018 04:28 AM

Hi,

I am trying also to build a calendar on a specific change factory I created (change with restriction), but I am running into a lot of errors.

It looks like there is some hidden code (not in js, not in htmpl, not in html... may be in spell??) that make it work only for chg object.

Any input welcome on How To...

Best regards,

Francois

• 7.  Re: Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Posted Apr 12, 2018 02:58 AM

Asking questions and answering to them...

Please refer to SDM Change Calendar adaptation to new factories, that may be a good start

Francois

• 8.  Re: Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Posted May 03, 2018 10:31 PM

Francois,

I am getting an 'Unauthorized' error on this link.  I assume this is internal?  Is there a version available for the Community?

thanks,

J.W.

• 9.  Re: Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Posted Jun 04, 2018 01:29 PM

I am getting an 'Unauthorized' error on this link.

• 10.  Re: Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2018 01:37 PM
      |   view attached

I have attached a copy of the referred document to this thread

• 11.  Re: Tab Similar to Change Calendar Tab to show Requests Scheduled 

Posted Jun 04, 2018 01:53 PM

I thought this document would teach you how to adapt the calendar to other objects that have different attributes. But thanks for the attention Paul.