CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Select support contact using GR Loader

Posted Dec 11, 2017 03:22 PM

When using GR Loader to update the support contact on a CI, if there are 2 contacts with the same name, how you do get GR Loader to use a specific one?

For example, if there are 2 contact records for Kim Jones, one is active and the other is inactive, how do I get GR Loader to choose the active record?

It seems to be that the record that is first on the list is the one that GR Loader wants to use, and if that's inactive or belongs to a different tenant the support contact won't be updated.

• 2.  Re: Select support contact using GR Loader
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:11 PM

Hi Kim - you should be able to use the UserID of that user by using "useridvalue{userid}" in place of Lastname, FirstName.  So for example if you had two users, Kim Jones with userid of Kjones1 and another Kim Jones with a userid of Kjones2, and you wanted to set it to the first one, you would use "Kjones1{userid}" in place of Lastname,FirstName.  UserIDs should be unique so that should work for you.

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Select support contact using GR Loader

Posted Dec 11, 2017 04:17 PM

Hi Jon,

Thanks for that.

What happens if the contact records don’t have userid?

We have a process whereby when we inactivate a contact record we remove all reference information for that person, so userid, email address, phone number etc. all come out of that contact record.

Is there a rule set around GR Loader that tells it to only look for active contacts, or is there a way we can specify the tenant of the contact record that is to be used?

Thanks,

Kim

• 4.  Re: Select support contact using GR Loader

Posted Dec 11, 2017 05:33 PM

Hi Kim,

I dont believe there is a rule around that, but if you send through the userID and that userID doesnt exist, then it would not set the contact.  I dont believe you can specify the contact by way of its tenant   

I think the userID would be the only way for you guys to do what you want to do here.  That is the only unique field that can be used to set a contact on a CI record using GRLoader.

Jon

• 5.  Re: Select support contact using GR Loader

Posted Dec 11, 2017 05:40 PM

Thanks for your time Jon

Kim

• 6.  Re: Select support contact using GR Loader

Posted Dec 11, 2017 10:31 PM

Any time