CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Regarding GRLoader for Relationship

Posted Jan 25, 2018 06:28 AM

Hi,

we have a requirement to load relationship to CI using grloader xml file.

but client dont want to use reconsoliation fields like asset_num, serial number, system name, mac addres , dns name.

he just want to pass provider name, relationship type and dependant ci name in xml file.

when i gone through documentation ca suggested that atleast one reconsilation field need to pass in order to load ci relationships.

can any one suggest how to load ci releationship using grloader by passing only provider ci name, relationship type and dependant ci name in xml file.

• 2.  Re: Regarding GRLoader for Relationship

Posted Jan 25, 2018 09:24 AM

Hi Subbarao, I am not sure about using XML, but I can say that you should be able to use an excel or csv file to load relationships using GRLoader by just passing the name and type fields.  Here is an example of a sample sheet that can be used:

dependent_nametypeprovider_name
    acermanagesbbb00JT
    acermanagesbbb0033
    acermanagesbbb0034
    acermanagesbbb0035
    acermanagesbbb0036

That should work for you if you create something similar.

I would always suggest doing this in a test-system first, and you can also load it into TWA first and look at it before loading it directly into GRLoader.

Hope this helps,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Regarding GRLoader for Relationship

Posted Jan 25, 2018 04:06 PM

It would make sense to include at least one reconciliation field value, as I would think it helps resolve loads of relationship information down to a single record on each side of the relationship.  

• 4.  Re: Regarding GRLoader for Relationship

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2018 11:02 AM

Subbarao, in that case, I am not sure if GRLoader can do it. You can consider writing a WS script to read your file and then create the relationship per line in SDM. Thanks _Chi