CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  17.1 Parent / Child issue

Posted Mar 08, 2018 05:48 PM

After upgrading from 17.0 to 17.1 we've found a problem with a customization that allows us to specify an Incident as a Parent ticket of a Request and vice versa.  Now if we attempt to do this from the Relationships tab we receive "AHD05999:Parent ticket type is not same as current ticket type".  This form utilized the zallcrs factory as specified in the old enhancement pack which still works for the Go Button search, for example.  Anyway I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone knows how to (re)fix this new and highly undesirable "feature".  

• 2.  Re: 17.1 Parent / Child issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 08:47 AM

Hello Derek,

Can you provide more details about this "old enhancement pack" that you mentioned?  Where you obtained the zallcrs factory?  Was this something that a 3rd party developer had created for an earlier release of Service Desk?  If so, can they be contacted to see if they can provide an update?

Bear in mind that we only certified for the baseline product functionality and do not certify custom changes that were introduced by third parties.

• 3.  Re: 17.1 Parent / Child issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 09:03 AM

Hi Derek,

Check the nx.env file for the entry @NX_TICKET_REL=no.  Since it is customization, change value may not affect your customization. However, you can have a try.

If you find the exact line, you can install the option "TICKET_REL" with value Yes through command line on Primary server in Conventional env as below command.  If you have secondary server, you need to manually copy the line @NX_TICKET_REL=Yes from primary nx.env to secondary nx.env.

pdm_options_mgr -c -s TICKET_REL -v Yes -a pdm_option.inst

Then, recycle to take effect.  After you have the desired result, you need to run the below command on primary server command line in order to preserve the nx entry in the template file which would save the change not reset to default during pdm_configure. 

pdm_options_mgr -c -s TICKET_REL -v Yes -a pdm_option.inst -t

Please let us know whether it helps.

• 4.  Re: 17.1 Parent / Child issue

Posted Mar 09, 2018 11:03 AM

Derek, you have saved my bacon once again.  This fix now allows me to link between ticket types just like before.

• 5.  Re: 17.1 Parent / Child issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 09, 2018 12:37 PM

Great to know it resolved!

Have a nice weekend! 

• 6.  RE: Re: 17.1 Parent / Child issue

Posted Jun 17, 2019 04:13 PM
    ​I have this problem when creating an inciden from a request. We get the error AHD05999: Parent ticket is not the same as current ticket type, when you try to save the new incident. I do not have the option at all for @NX_TICKET_REL in my nx.env file. Is this something I'm supposed to add? ​

------------------------------
    Lorie

• 7.  RE: Re: 17.1 Parent / Child issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 17, 2019 04:38 PM
    Lori.........

Please review and implement the solution in the following KB article:

https://ca-broadcom.wolkenservicedesk.com/kb/ahd05999-parent-ticket-type-is-not-same-as-current-ticket-type/kb000076524

Paul Coccimiglio
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom Inc.

• 8.  Re: 17.1 Parent / Child issue

Posted Mar 12, 2018 10:23 AM

we too observed that fields Resolution code, affected service & resolution method used to propagate properly at R12.9 with SDU propagation solution but after R17.1 it stopped working and logs says

03/12 10:17:30.49 Hostname spelsrvr             6908 ERROR        auditlog.spl           809  checkout error 'NO'
    03/12 10:17:30.56 Hostname spelsrvr             6908 ERROR        auditlog.spl           809  checkout error 'NO'
    03/12 10:17:30.60 Hostname spelsrvr             6908 ERROR        zSDU_r12_EP1.spl       273 error changing status to 'Acknowledged' on Child Incident 1997586 from Parent Incident 1997585 - Attempt to checkin with nothing checked out.
    03/12 10:17:30.62 Hostname spelsrvr             6908 ERROR        auditlog.spl           809  checkout error 'NO'

please help us to identify the cause and solution for this

• 9.  Re: 17.1 Parent / Child issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 12, 2018 01:03 PM

Hi Niranjan,

As you have separate post, I will reply from there.