CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Activity Notification

Posted Nov 28, 2017 09:56 AM

Hi Team, I try to define the notification for the customer if a new local cr - attribute  is modified.
    In the Activity Association I defined the new local field, set the Activity Type to Field Update and set the flag to log this activity. If I modify this new local field for an Incident nothing is logged and no notification is sent.
    Alternatively I defined my own Activity Notification, assigned it to the new attribute and again set the flag to log this activity, but also nothing happens, the activity is not logged and no notification is sent. Multi Tenancy is activated but "on allow", Multi Tenancy should not be a problem. Did I forget something or what might be the reason for this behavior?
    In stdlog nothing is logged.

Regards Baerbel

• 2.  Re: Activity Notification
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2017 01:12 PM

Hi Baerbel,

The field update need to record in the activity first before the corresponding email notification sends out. The below techdoc is about generating activity.

TEC616368 - How to generate an Activity Log when a custom field is updated.
    https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC616368.html

The Field Update notification by default does not turn on (Auto Notification is No). You may need to turn it on.

• 3.  Re: Activity Notification

Posted Nov 29, 2017 08:43 AM

Hi Chun,

thank you for the tecdoc, it solved my problem, I missed to specify "AUDITLOG" in the Screenpainter.

Regards Bärbel