CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is there any way to restrict the approver to approve their own request if approver is delegate by some other user?

Posted Oct 26, 2017 07:19 AM

Hi Team,

Is there any way to restrict the approver to approve their own request if approver is delegate by some other user?

Regards,
    Pankaj

• 2.  Re: Is there any way to restrict the approver to approve their own request if approver is delegate by some other user?

Posted Oct 26, 2017 08:33 AM

Hi Pankaj,

I believe you are talking about workflow tasks here correct?  If so, I want to make sure I understand the use case here - so please let me know if this example is what you are looking for:

- User-A created a request which has an approval task X on it

- That approval task is assigned to User-B

- User-B sets User-A as a delegate for the approval task

So in this case, User-A can approve the task on their own request because User-B, who owns the task, has set User-A as a delegate on that task.

What you are looking to do is to prevent User-A from approving the task because they are also the "Affected End User" on the request - is this correct?

Let us know,
    Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Is there any way to restrict the approver to approve their own request if approver is delegate by some other user?

Posted Oct 26, 2017 08:38 AM

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.
    No I am not taking about workflow task.
    The requirement is for Service Request of Service Catalog.
    But your use case 
    - User-A created a request which has an approval task X on it
    - That approval task is assigned to User-B
    - User-B sets User-A as a delegate for the approval task
    is correct.
    I am looking to do is to prevent User-A from approving the task because delegate feature should not be misused by approving own requests.

Regards,
    Pankaj

• 4.  Re: Is there any way to restrict the approver to approve their own request if approver is delegate by some other user?

Posted Oct 26, 2017 08:45 AM

AH ok - sorry, I was thinking in terms of Service Desk...  unfortunately I am not a Catalog guru, but Jason_Wolfe, Chitra_Gopal or yanji03 may be able to give you some better insight...

• 5.  Re: Is there any way to restrict the approver to approve their own request if approver is delegate by some other user?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 26, 2017 02:24 PM

well the way to do that will be to not rely on the building approval on SC but directly go to PAM for managing the approval flow, then you fully control the logic and restriction you would like to put there.

Hope this help.

/J

• 6.  Re: Is there any way to restrict the approver to approve their own request if approver is delegate by some other user?

Posted Oct 30, 2017 04:44 PM

Thanks jmayer !   

@Pankaj007  - did the information from Jerome help you out here?

• 7.  Re: Is there any way to restrict the approver to approve their own request if approver is delegate by some other user?

Posted Nov 02, 2017 04:01 AM

Hi,

Yes obviously it will help me to start implementation.Thank you Jon & Jerome.

Regards,

Pankaj

• 8.  Re: Is there any way to restrict the approver to approve their own request if approver is delegate by some other user?

Posted Nov 02, 2017 08:58 AM

Hi Pankaj007 - thats great news!

Would you mind just marking Jmayer's post as correct so we close the loop on this one for now?

Thanks!

Jon