CA Service Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

• 1.  Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

Posted Oct 18, 2017 04:44 AM

Hello 

Ideally if we take mouse on any field in Employee Incident or Request form, Same name will get displayed in preview or suggestion like Field Name available in Incident or Request forms.

As an example If we move mouse over Incident Summary, Mouse hoover/preview will get displayed Incident Summary. Can we change this to something else or in detail like what incident Summary is?

Thanks

Mayur

• 2.  Re: Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

Posted Oct 18, 2017 08:39 AM

Hi Mayur,

Unfortunately the mouse-over-preview is not customizable at this time.  You can only change the delay in how long you hover before it pops up, OR I believe you can disable it completely, but outside of that there isnt much else you can do.   Something like this would need to be posted as an "idea" here in the community so folks can vote for it and product management can review it for possible inclusion in later versions of the product.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

Posted Oct 23, 2017 07:57 AM

Hi Mayur,

Not sure this tech doc is applicable to you, but worth looking at:

TEC548751 - https://support.ca.com/us/knowledge-base-articles.TEC548751.html

===

Kind Regards,

Brian

• 4.  Re: Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

Posted Feb 22, 2018 07:24 AM

The popup from the mouseover is a nice feature but it doesn't show any fields that are helpful to our team. We need the ability to change that screen ASAP. #mouse-over-preview

• 5.  Re: Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

Posted Feb 22, 2018 09:07 AM

Yes, but it can show certain description or meaning of that field. So that user can read this description and fill the values in this particular field easily.

Thanks

This communication is the property of CenturyLink and may contain confidential or privileged information. Unauthorized use of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the communication and any attachments.

• 6.  Re: Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:34 AM

Hi Mayur,

I am not sure what you mean since there is no mouseover preview for employees. If you want to change what is shown for the mouseover preview for analyst I believe you can modify the preview_*.htmpl forms and that should work though I have not tested it out.

• 7.  Re: Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

Posted Oct 23, 2017 10:44 AM

Hi Anthony,

Please find attached screenshot , where I am looking to change the mouse hoover/preview coming for one perticular field. like in my case (screenshot) Location- 

Thanks

• 8.  Re: Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

Posted Oct 23, 2017 11:03 AM

Hi Mayur,

If you look at the properties of that textbox you should see a value called Title. Just changed that. Note that it might change the Caption so make sure you change that back.

• 9.  Re: Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

Posted Oct 23, 2017 11:10 AM

Hello Anthony,

Yes , you are correct. I tried to change the caption which also changes the field label which I dont. We require to have field Label and Caption (mouse hoover as soon as user will move mouse on it) different. We want to give some meaning  or text to that field label and by doing this user will get able to fill details on those fields.

Thanks

• 10.  Re: Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 23, 2017 11:15 AM

Yes but, after changing the Title you can change the Caption back. Did you try that?

• 11.  Re: Changing Field preview (mouse hoover) in Employee form

Posted Oct 23, 2017 11:24 AM

Hello Anthony,

Earlier I had only changed the title and had seen caption automatically changed but on your suggestion, this time I again changed the caption after changing the title and now both are showing different and text entered is visible in field highlight (mouse hoover).

Thanks for your support.

Thanks

Mayur