CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Using Filesystem as upload path in  Service Desk

Posted Apr 05, 2018 12:05 PM

Hi, thanks in advance.

Can I configure in the upload path a route of filesystem? I mean, if the Server has this Filesystem configured Can I used it? has any of the community are tried this method or the folder is always part of the one disc of the server.

I read this document

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Using Filesystem as upload path in  Service Desk

Posted Apr 05, 2018 03:21 PM

Hi Walter,

While not officially supported I do not see why as long as you can write to it normally like any other file. Unfortunately if it does not work there is nothing we can do and any troubleshooting would require us to change the upload path to a normal directory and see if it works there. We would only be able to help you troubleshoot until it works on a normal directory and you are on your own from there. The only other protocol we support is UNC.

• 3.  Re: Using Filesystem as upload path in  Service Desk

Posted Apr 06, 2018 04:18 AM

As the documentation says (which I see you have already read), you can specify the route to the file system in the standard UNC format '\\server\sharename\path', and specify the userid and password for the share as an entry in the 'Credenciales UNC' list.  Since this is an option 'out of the box' it should be supported.

• 4.  Re: Using Filesystem as upload path in  Service Desk

Posted Apr 06, 2018 11:35 AM

Hi, thank you. then the only way to add a filesystem for the repository is using one with the UNC format, and there is not a way to simple add a file sytem because is mandatory that exist the repository server that has a rep_daemon running.

am I Right?