CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  SLA should start after new group assignment (where as SLA is incident area based)

Posted Apr 12, 2018 05:46 AM

Hi,

In our CA sdm environment currently SLA is working based on incident area. But customer wants to change the workflow ,now they want if any new ticket is created in ca sdm 1st they will open the issue and work on it. If they are not able to resolve the ticket they will pass this to our group and we have to work on it. 

Now problem is when they assign the ticket to us then only SLA will start when Ticket is on their bucket SLA will not work..

Please suggest me what we can do .

• 2.  Re: SLA should start after new group assignment (where as SLA is incident area based)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2018 10:32 AM

Hi Siladitya,
    Do you want your group have own SLA?  In the Group detail has Service Type where you can have SLA tied with the group. You need to consider the old SLA and group SLA as it would have ranking different. From low to high would be escalation. I also found past discussion Stop and Resume SLA on Group Transfer. It may give you idea about this topic.

Regards,

Derek

• 3.  Re: SLA should start after new group assignment (where as SLA is incident area based)

Posted Apr 16, 2018 07:42 AM

Hi Derek,

Actually in our environment SLA is attached  with incident areas .After raising a ticket 1st it will go to customer group and they will try to resolve it, if they are unable to resolve this issue they will change the group to our analyst group then only SLA  should start.I think there should have a trigger  after changing group to other than Customers group SLA should trigger .

I am planning to use event for that but unfortunately I do not have any knowledge about it .Please help 

• 4.  Re: SLA should start after new group assignment (where as SLA is incident area based)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 18, 2018 04:00 PM

Hi Siladitya,
    The past discussion Stop and Resume SLA on Group Transfer I mentioned previously just opposite what you look for start and stop SLA on Group Transfer. That discussion was status of change order could stop SLA event/clock when transfer to the group. In your scenario is have SLA start for "our" group.

I wonder why incident area has SLA but the ca sdm does not have SLA clock start. If the SLA clock is not applied for ca sdm, they could use the suggestion in Stop and Resume SLA on Group Transfer(have status to stop SLA clock for ca sdm when ticket assigned to them). When the ticket transfers to "our" group, have status of the start/resume SLA.

Derek